Do, or do not. There is no try.

Day 2

It's been going ok today. No headaches so far, fingers crossed it stays that way! Getting through water no problem, it's absolutely freezing in the office, so I have been drinking cups of tea like no-bodies business. On the downside we've hit lunchtime and the foody smell of other peoples lunches is making me a bit hungry. I've just made my lunchtime shake, so hopefully that'll help!

Buh looking forward to being back up to SS+ next week! I got the cutest bento box for Christmas so I've decided I'm going to start having my meal at lunchtimes while I'm at work. That way I'll have I something a bit more tangible to eat while the workies are nomming noodles and bacon rolls! :p

Just wanted to say well done on your losses - they are excellent. I'm new to the forums and have just started the CD today with 6 stone to lose. So I'm just having a nose at everyone's stories. Hope that's ok.

Lily x

Just wanted to say well done on your losses - they are excellent. I'm new to the forums and have just started the CD today with 6 stone to lose. So I'm just having a nose at everyone's stories. Hope that's ok.

Lily x

Thanks Lily and Welcome to CD and minimins! Of course it's ok, I did exactly the same thing when I started back in September. Reading other peoples diaries, inspired me, especially during the first week (which is always the toughest!)

I wish the best of luck with CD, I hope you are finding it OK so far. If you are ever having a bad day or struggling then you have absolutely come to the right place for support! :]

Sarah x

Day 4

So yesterday I got one of my new years resolutions rolling and went along to the local climbing centre. Did some gentle climbing for an hour. I didn't have a climbing partner so it was fairly low key, which was ideal for just getting confidence and strength back up. I used to climb as a teen and loved it, but exam commitments and a loss of confidence meant that I fell out of the habit. I've missed it ever since but was too embarrassed to try again once I had put on weight a uni. So since I am now the lightest I have been since high school I figured it was high time!

Went along to meet a group of friends at the pub afterwards and decided to have an ss+ meals since I'd been exercising, so ordered a chicken salad. Unfortunately it came with a slice of crusy bread which I succumbed to. Woops. On the plus side I discovered a few friends also want to take up climbing, so it looks like I'll have a few chums to go along with next week. :]

Popped on the scales this morning and, despite my little slip last night, I have lost my 4lb Christmas food baby. Yey! A very good start to my second new years resolution, to get down to my goal weight before my birthday in march. Now the question remains as to whether I can drop a couple more pounds before my official weigh in on Saturday. Here's hoping! ;]

Sarah x

Last edited:
Week 1 weigh in of 2012

1 lb up on my pre-Christmas weight not to bad considering. That puts me at 11st 6 and only 20 lbs to go til my goal. Seems fairly do-able by my Birthday in March. Been rummaging through my draws and cupboards again sorting out clothes that fit, and are to big. Was pleasantly surprised at a drawers worth of stuff which is all now to big. I also tried on a size 12 skirt today, which fitted. The jeans I got a week ago are now a bit loose (I guess the christmas food baby has left).

SO I guess this puts me at a size 12 on the bottom, and an 8 on the top. The tricky thing for now is that my upper arms and lower legs are still carrying some weight. So certain cuts are not quite fitting right (skinny jeans and tight long sleeved shirts). However, this should change drastically as I start climbing etc.

All in all a very good start to the new year! :D x

Last edited:
hooray for you!

thank you kitten!

i'm doing fine. the end, or at least the end of SS is in sight. six more weigh-ins on SS then i have to start stepping up for my holiday. cannot wait!

thank you kitten!

i'm doing fine. the end, or at least the end of SS is in sight. six more weigh-ins on SS then i have to start stepping up for my holiday. cannot wait!

Thats brilliant toots! Just spotted you SS'd through Christmas you utter legend, you definitely deserve kudos for that! That is some serious willpower you have lass! :D xx

Last edited:
yeah, willpower - but also terror of not being able to get back on it.

Buh. I've not been desperately good this week, so far. Not been dreadful either but just seem to keep having things I know I shouldn't. Like; a couple of biscuits, two boiled sweets, and today three M&M's. Hardly stuff that'll break the bank, but I'm annoyed that I keep losing focus.

That said I seem to be down a couple of pounds so things could be worse. I hereby vow to stay strict for the rest of the week. Hopefully I'll shift another couple pounds before I weigh myself officially on Sat. I'm not seeing my CD until next weekend. So I've set myself a little mini goal to get down to 11st, or under, by then. This morning I was weighing in at 11st 4lbs. So 4lbs to loose seems do-able. Provided I stop messing about! ;]

Ok so the weekend did not go to plan, I ended up drinking and eating a few meals that definitely don't fall under the 810 guidelines. Not good. :'[

As a result I've decided to have a full SS week. I was meant to do this the first week after Christmas but ended up going up to 810 after a few days and that's where all the trouble started haha.

I'm hoping if I am strict with myself for this whole week, then it will help me regain focus and get back on track. My brain still seems to be in Christmas munching mode, and I need to kick that habit immediately. Once I am comfortably back into the swing of things and properly in ketosis I'll go back up t 810 next week. That's the plan anyway. I've had my morning shake and a litre of water so I'm off to a good start. I'll probably be starving by 5pm but I'll just have to suck it up!

On the more positive side, I am off climbing again tonight and I've signed up to try out roller derby on Wednesday night. So excited!! I also got some weights so I can do weight training and exercise in the flat. So I am determined to have a very active week. Which will hopefully keep my mind off being hungry...

...I can but hope.

Sarah x

Last edited:
get yourself sorted missy, or i'll put you in detention. You're so close!

Weigh In Week 3

Lost 5 lbs! Yes! Yes! YES! That puts me at...Wait for it...11 stone 1. :D

So that's;
-2 pounds of hitting the under 11 st goal.
-5 pounds of hitting the 3 stone lost goal.

AND only 15 pounds of hitting my main target of 10 stone.

Ex-tactic! Nothing can bring me down right now! Not even the fact that I also broke my tooth today! Hooray!

owch!

But great news...I think you are doing really well. Its so much harder when you have less to lose, its almost like...less to keep you motivated. We are about the same weight and BMI (I am 10 11 this week) and I am sanctioning 810 as a result. Its all about the fitness I think for me now. I am pretty happy with my weight - though I want to get down to 9 7 really. But then maybe I will just be too skinny? What I do know though is I need to be more active.

Incidentally, I love climbing - do you go to a wall by you?

owch!

But great news...I think you are doing really well. Its so much harder when you have less to lose, its almost like...less to keep you motivated. We are about the same weight and BMI (I am 10 11 this week) and I am sanctioning 810 as a result. Its all about the fitness I think for me now. I am pretty happy with my weight - though I want to get down to 9 7 really. But then maybe I will just be too skinny? What I do know though is I need to be more active.

Incidentally, I love climbing - do you go to a wall by you?

I know :( I will need to sort a trip to the dentist on Monday I guess. Boooo.

Thanks so much! I completely agree with you on it being harder when there is less to go. At the start I guess the way my weight made me feel was my driving force. I didn't want to be unhappy so it was a simple decision: My Happiness>Food. Now however I am massively happier, so that motivator has gone. I agree with you on the fitness thing as well, from here out I want to lead a more active lifestyle and put things in place that are going to help me maintain when I hit my goal.

I'm still not sure what will be the "right" weight for me. Aiming for 10st just now, but I may realistically go down to 9 and a half (or around there). Since I'm doing climbing and roller derby now, I feel being a bit lighter might be an advantage. Who knows though might decide I am happy at 10. It's so hard to judge. I think as well once you reach a goal weight it can take a couple of months for your body to redistribute the weight about. So my plan is to spend a couple months at 10 st and get a feel for it. Then if I'm happy I stick, if not I'll aim to lose a bit more but probably just with exercise and healthy eating.

Climbing is great fun! I just climb in the wall in Dundee at the moment but there's a couple of excellent walls in Edinburgh and surrounding area so I'll hopefully get along to them again at some point. I'm badly needing a belay partner now though. I'm quickly running out of bouldering walls that I can climb, the rest are bit to advanced for me yet! Do you have a wall near you? :]

Back