Do they all taste the same?

I'm just after making my very first shake (strawberry) and the taste is just disgusting. Are all the shakes the same and is it a case of just getting used to it?

hehehe. sorry u dont like it. i think its a case of getting used to it. my tip is, make it with less water (200ml) makes it thicker and more bearable. i really actually like the chocolate one and the soup. make them thicker, it helps. other than that. you get used to em.

good luck hun xx

I actually don't like them thicker like Helen does, but it's definately worth a try.
Also try whipping them up using a blender if you're not already, if you can get more air into them then they taste lighter and more pallatable. My favourite one is the chocolate one, I don't like strawberry at the best of times so I didn't even want to try it when the pharmacy gave me the option (It's synthetic anyway) but the vanilla and chocolate ones have real vanilla pods and cocoa beans in them, so have a bit more flavour to them I'd imagine. From these forums I've also learned you don't need to just have them with cold water either. Try them hot, freeze them to solids, cook them to stogy goop. It's just a matter of trial and error till you find something you really really like.

Thanks for the replies. I just used shaker earlier I might try one blended for lunch. To be fair I'm not a huge fan of strawberry so hopefully that's all it was, my pharmacist said he'd swap around some flavours if I didn't like any so I might just do that. It's only day one, i hope I have the willpower for this!

Ooooh! Well from someone on day 9 (or 10, can't remember) I can tell you that you hit a wall at around day 3/4 and could find yourself getting really teary and upset. But once you push through that then it starts to get easier. Best of luck, We're all here for you,you'll be just fine.
xxxxx

Last edited:
I started off liking the the strawberry but went off it very quickly. I think I'm in the minority with this but my favourite is the vanilla shake. I use some if it in my coffee too because I can't stand it black. The chocolate one is nice too and I also use some if it in my coffee to give it a bit of a mocha feel. It's not quite up to Starbucks standard but it gives me a feeling that I'm getting a bit of a treat :D

Good luck with your diet. It's tough going in the first week but if you stay strong and drink plenty of water you'll get through. Also visit the forums when you're finding it tough and you'll get plenty of encouragement from everyone.

I only have chocolate. I make it with 250 ml. Freezing cold water too that helps. I remember when I did lt last time. Within 2 weeks the choc shake was so yummy I'd have had it rather than a McDonald one haha. X

I really don't like the vanilla or strawberry I have choc shake with 240mls water from the fridge and I blend it..I also don't like the choc but not as bad as them lol..it comes to a point were u get used to the taste and as its all u can have u will be happy to drink it :)

The chocolate one wasn't much better. Think I'll have the chicken soup as my 3rd one later. I WILL make myself like them!! Hehe. Thanks everybody.x

hey sorry to say but i find the shakes horrid, strange thing is my mum loves them. :rolleyes: they are more bland which i suppose is to make it less likely to cheat (i think).

now i make them with cold water using and an electric whisk, sive them into a huge mug and i can only drink them using a straw. i can only stomach the choc and strawberry and never make them hot! even the smell makes me gag. ;)

but i just think of them as my fat melting medicine! :p i hope this helps hun. good luck on your journey. :)

xox

Back