Do Water Flavours have laxative effect?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by shinyhappyperson, 8 February 2008 Social URL.

1. shinyhappyperson

shinyhappyperson Silver Member

:confused: I have been very good and drank 4 pints (yes I'm old) of water with summer berry flavoured water.

Had a soup at lunchtime and have had to rush to the loo three times since. I'm a bit worried about going on the school run in a minute :eek:.

Do you think it's the flavouring, or too much water?

Your advice would be appreciated.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Fuffa

Fuffa Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Diet
    Not as far as I know. Maybe you should speak to your CDC. I always found i had bad wind when i did the water flavouring on LL so I stopped buying them when i went onto CD.

4. shinyhappyperson

shinyhappyperson Silver Member

Thanks Fuffa. I'll take a break from flavourings until I see my CDC on Sunday.
  5. prettyfromtheback

prettyfromtheback Full Member

It's quite possible, some sugar substitutes have laxative you find out if you eat too many sugar-free polos :D I'm afraid I don't have any of the flavourings so can't check the ingredients
  6. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

the flavourings contain the sweetner Aspartame, this can have a laxative effect if you have too much.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.