Do ya reckon....

CamilleBates

Alomst there :)
.... that if I didn't use the flavouring sachet out of a pack of supernoodles they would be free?

I want to make something, but I'm out of noodles :/ the only ones I have are supernoodles... I'll syn it if I have to, but they're only dried noodles aren't they, until you add the flavouring??

TIA xxx :D

Well hun I would think they are free as dried noodles are free from anywhere else arent they, and its only the flavoring thats the syn x

It's not that I don't know the syns of them (I have a few different flavours) I just wondered if the noodles plain would be considered free? Like SW said the syns are in the flavouring sachet.... I'm going to make a chicken noodle soup, and have no regular dried noodles in so was going to use a pack of supernoodles instead because I can't be arsed to go out just for noodles!!

I think I'll take the risk ;)

It's not that I don't know the syns of them (I have a few different flavours) I just wondered if the noodles plain would be considered free? Like SW said the syns are in the flavouring sachet.... I'm going to make a chicken noodle soup, and have no regular dried noodles in so was going to use a pack of supernoodles instead because I can't be arsed to go out just for noodles!!

I think I'll take the risk ;)

Faor enough - O would say they would be free enjoy your soup! :D

I'd totally expect them to be free. And good thinking!

i made chicken noodle soup from knorr chicken granules small pieces of chicken cut up and rice noodles ( sharwoods hard in the packet ) and i just added some peppers and celery and it was yummmmmm

Noo.. they fry supernoodles before they and packeaged thats why they cook so quick! its the noodles themselves that are they syns!! x

Really Lianna? I'm actually quite shocked by that! lol Little, innocent old me! hehehe
So what do they do to the Low Fat ones, as most of them are free?

Instant noodles are dried or precooked noodles fused with oil, and often sold with a packet of flavoring. Dried noodles are usually eaten after being cooked or soaked in boiling water for 2 to 5 minutes, while precooked noodles can be reheated, or eaten straight from the packet. Instant noodles were invented by Momofuku Andō of Nissin Foods, Japan.

But most dried noodles cook that quickly... only taking a few minutes soaking??? Particularly the medium and fine ones. I know that that pre-cooked 'straight to wok' types aren't free...

Didn't affect anything this week anyway :)

I'm quite sure the precooked means the ambient ones like straight to wok noodles which have got oil in. Dried noodles are free.

We just had this discussion in our class last night and our consulant said the noodles are free the syns are contained in the sachet of flavouring. If you want to flavour your noodles she recommended boiling them with a stock cube added!

Back