do you all write down your food

i have got a lovely notebook with 5 sections and i carry it around, just dont seem to get to writing it, i think i will cry if i knew what i ate ... lol

You could always eat the book! :p

I have one of those 'page a day' diarys that i use to record my food, losses, gains, recipes, tips and if a meal has been particularly yummy... its great for refering back on when i get in a rut

I have a little notebook that I carry around in my bag and use a page a day....I also do a weekly menu and plan the meals for the week...Easy to know what to shop for too...

i know this thread is from last week but debtdummy, i was looking through all your posts to find if you have a diary and this is the closest i got. i'm really sorry that small losses or gains make you feel so terrible about yourself, but they should also make you feel like you need to take more control over what goes past your lips. it's so easy to double up on hexs by accident just by forgetting that you had toast already, and it's much easier to forget the odd syns like if there was margarine on that toast or if you had sugar in your coffee at starbucks because there was no sweetener. please give it a try, writing down everything you eat, and sharing it on here so if you make any obvious errors we can help you and hopefully get you a nice big loss to put a smile on your face xxx

I try and write down everything I eat (when I'm actually on plan!) and I then make a note of my WI result that week so I can keep track of a good week and what I did that week, and also see what may have caused a bad week. I'd often find the weeks where I hadn't eaten much or not had any syns I had little or no gain, whereas the weeks full of free foods and lots of different meals were better results.

This obviously varies person to person though. It is a big motivator for me though and helps me keep track of what I have had syn wise and HE's.

Good luck! :)

I'm new to slimming world so i may have extra enthusiasm at the moment, but i have found if i plan the meals i am going to eat the next day, i end up being more successful!. That way i know what healthy extra's have been used and also what my syn count is before snacks!
xxxx

i have got a lovely notebook with 5 sections and i carry it around, just dont seem to get to writing it, i think i will cry if i knew what i ate ... lol

I think that's precisely the reason you SHOULD write in it.

If you are ashamed of your eating habits, then admitting them to yourself has to be a much bigger step towards rectifying them than trying to forget and living in denial!

I keep a food diary on here and write down everything I have eaten during the day (yep, even if I ate 5 mini chocolate bars on the trot as a snack, even if I cooked enough to feed the 5000 and troughed the lot....which does happen :eek:).
I am less likely to make the bad choices when I am in some way accountable for them, as in, I have to admit them to the wonderful people of minimins!

Occasionally the snack monster strikes after I have posted my diary for the day, and I try to update but recently have been a bit of a greedy slack-Alice ;)

I really do recommend you start keeping a food diary :)

sorry about name, the reason i have it is i had some debt problems and i use it as long in to stuff so i dont spend more money until i pay back my debt... i can change it if it offends you:eek:

Don't ever be sorry, you chose the name because it's personal to you :)

But yeah I agree, I have been struggling with this too, but I try to take just 5 mins out to do it usually last thing at night...or when I remember :) Like you, I sometimes have a wee pen and pad with me to jot down a few abbreviations just in case...do it even if it scares you! Good luck x

i write down everything i eat every day and i swear by it!!!
helps keep me focused,i dont have anything mnaughty because i dont want top write it down in my book!!!
and as others have said if i have a good or an unknown why bad week i can look back and analyse why.

I've just got back onto plan after a few weeks toying with it and losing/putting on the same pounds so now i've got a bit of time off i'm kickstarting the plan and exercise. I bought myself a little notebook yesterday and plan to write down everything as well as my exercise - figure this will be a good thing to look back on if I have good or bad weeks.

I think it's just getting into the habit - buy yourself a little book and start writing and after a few days it'll probably become second nature - just make sure you take it with you where you go so you don't forget what you've eaten :)

I log everything down in a book i've got, it helps me to control how much i've had and stuff. It's a good way aswell to learn how many syns are in certain things take for example last night i drank 2 glasses of pinapple juice and well i now know it cost me like 12 syns i am gutted so i will never fotget that one hahaha x x

I have a notepad and 4 highlighter pens.

I write everything down then highlight different types of food to see at a glance that I have eaten what I need, then tot up the syns.

Yellow for HeA
Orange for HeB
Pink for syns
Green for exercise

Now that I have wriiten that down ^^^ I feel a bit daft :eek: but it works for me.

I record every single thing, all meals, free foods etc. - every syn and every day.

This is good to see where you went wrong or indeed to replicate where you went right lol.

I keep a paper diary every day - even now 26 weeks in. I am a bit of a list freak as it helps keep my mind organised, but I do find it really useful to have a quick review throughout the day of what I've still got to have hex-wise, and to note down syns which might otherwise slip my mind. I do wonder if I'll be doing it forever though - probably will knowing me!

Ahhh i fellow list freak....love it! I did stop writing a diary....BIG mistake but still did my shopping list and meal planner lol but now back to diaries and im losing weight again now, also good to look back on for meal ideas!I even highlight all my super free and speed foods ...is this really bad?:p

Thank u all so much, I really wish I could write it all down, I have new jotter pad so I am going to write it all down !!!

it sounds a bit geeky but i have a spreadsheet on microsoft excel that ive been keeping since i started back in may, i record everything i eat, all the syns, and get it to count up my daily and weekly syns for me, i also record what "day" im on and i put my weekly losses on there too. once youve got it all set up its really easy and only takes a minute to update every evening when i come on Minis :) xx

Another list freak here too, I have a food one, cleaning one, money one, christmas list, food list for christmas, you name it i have a list lol, On the food diary note i also write down everything too, If i feel in control i tend to have a better week and helps me stick to plan better, If i am second guessing i tend to think oh that bit of cheese wont hurt and of course as everyone knows when your guessing the evidence ends up on the scales lol.

Back