Do you all?

Chocobo

Go to slimming world meetings? Or have an online account? I want to jump back on to slimming world but i cant afford to pay for it (Hell i can only just afford to eat with this wedding saving! haha)

If anyone is just doing it without the groups or online site how would i get started? :p
Thanks all! :D

I tried to do it on my own at home as had all the books etc but it didn't work for me. I need to get weighed by someone else & need motivation & information from the group. Everyone is different though. I don't think I'm disciplined enough to go it alone lol x

And to go to group is not expensive, just £5 a week. I think it's a bargain for what you gain from the group x

First of all, I love, love, LOVE your screen name! :D

Secondly, I've been doing SW from home for about 10 weeks now and have lost a stone so far. Maybe not done as well as I would have if I'd been going to groups but I still think it's a pretty good loss and I haven't lost my motivation at all yet. I think it depends on who you want to be accountable to. I used to go to groups years ago and found it really good. However, I went for months and never reached my 1.5 stone mark before losing my motivation and leaving. I'm already down a stone by myself and raring to keep going to get to my target weight.

I decided to do it from home because my work patterns change week on week so I can't commit to going to a group. I also begrudge paying an online subscription fee since I already know the diet and have the books (albeit old ones). With regard to how to start, I started by printing out a weekly food diary and writing down everything I ate, how many syns it was etc to make sure I stayed within my allowance. This forum's also been invaluable for support and information, it feels like going to group when I log in here :)

From the sounds of it you've done SW before so if you have the books and background knowledge for how it works it should be pretty easy for you to get back into it. Best of luck!! :party0011:

Hello first off 5 is not too bad I know but im partially housebound, takes a lot for me to go out so I cant commit, still 20 a month is more than I can afford with a wedding to pay out for!

I dont have the books anymore but im sure I can find a PDF though!
As for my user name, my oh calls me it as I LOVE final fantasy and he thinks im cute like a chocobo!
Ill give it a go :) I need to be motivated I start fat brides to thin brides next month!

Anti where did you get the information to start? I cant remember for the life of me how it worked! I remember limiting syns and portion control but thats it! Not helpful if i dont know what the difference between red and green day is (Im guessing a vegetarian day is green?) I want to do EE as i get confused easy and loose motivation!

Hiya Chocobo, I've not long started the EE plan and really enjoying it.
Basically you get up to 15syns a day ( they recommend between 5-15).
You get a healthy option A which is dairy and a healthy option B which is some kind of fibre e.g bread, ryvita.
All natural fruit and veg and plain pasta, potatoe and rice is free. Check with tinned and dried fruits cause they are normally syns. Muller yogurts are free and most yogurts with 0% fat.

I hope this helps you get started :)
Let me know if you have any other questions I'll try and answer them! :p
Xx

Oh yeah all meat is free as long as you cut the fat off. Also watch cooking in oils cause they normally have syns so most use the 1cal spray oil :) x

Hi Chocobo - we chatted briefly on your other thread re mh issues. Check out the following thread, it's dead informative about the way SW works: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

I would suggest that if you can, go along to one SW meeting - you'll pay £10 and for that you'll get all the up to date books you need to get started, and a new members talk from the leader where you can ask questions (this is not done in front of the rest of the group just with the members starting that day). Some people buy the books from Ebay, but you can pay extortionate prices for them. Plus I've noticed people selling out of date info and not being upfront that it's old books they're flogging. Good luck hun and just shout if you need further help.

Hello, thanks :) ill go to a meeting next weekend as theres one on the way to the train station get the books!
Thanks for all the info, really helps so I guess that as fat freeish meat n veg are free its carbs, wheat and sauces that would contribute syns? :)

Hello, thanks :) ill go to a meeting next weekend as theres one on the way to the train station get the books!
Thanks for all the info, really helps so I guess that as fat freeish meat n veg are free its carbs, wheat and sauces that would contribute syns? :)

Not really - because on Extra Easy your carbs are also free! It's things like fat, flour and sauces that are synned, plus sugars, chocolate etc.

As krupskaya said it's well worth going to a meeting to get the new books and the new member talk.

Good luck.

Denise

Chocobo

If you go and tread this post that I wrote fro another lady about the differences between EE, Red & Green you get the gist.
There's also a file attached on Polly's fred.
I put this together originally for myself as a quick reference guide, and then updated for a friend in 2011.

Some of the weights will now be wrong - as lots have changed since I did this in Sept '11.
eg cereal is now 30g (not 28g).

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...-polly-golden-oldie-newbie-2.html#post6602737

As you know, I do SW at home on my own and WI on Monday - we met on the Monday WI fred.
But then again I don't have a choice as there no classes in Spain.
But I did exactly what Krups said, went to one class in 2006 to get my books and have been following SW principles ever since.

Have you asked your Doctor if they do "referrals"? In Birmingham they do, I got a 20 week one!
It's cheaper for them than the costs later in your life!

Hi. I did join on-line this time but, tbh, apart from being able to keep a check on Syn values, I don't find it particularly motivating or helpful. As someone else said, I've lost a stone doing it at home, mainly with the brilliant support of this site. Everyone is so friendly and helpful, you get all the support you need! One other thing I find helpful is the SW magazine so that might be an option for you too. Good luck.

Kathy

Back