Do you always eat all of your packs?

Falafel

I have had 2 tetra's today, one at 12pm and one at 5pm. I am meant to be on 4 a day but am not hungry. should I make myself have another one?

Yes.

Otherwise you are depriving yourself of the vits and mins you need for the day plus calories

I'm on 4 a day and often have to force the 4th down

im on 3 a day and sometimes ( well fairly often recently ) ive missed my last pack. the next day i find im weak and tired and sometimes headachy and it can slow my losses down so better to force in that last shake

I have just forced down my third, I really can't manage another one tonight as I am going to bed. I will just have to make sure I have them earlier tomorrow.

Due to being a full-time mum my days are very much routine and have a set-time(ish) for each of my 4 packs. Partly as I'm naturally a greedy pig and also because 12 and a half hours with my strong-willed human whirlwind is physically tiring I look forward to scoffing each pack.

Could we swap appetites today falafel, pretty please? I have already had 5 (normally have 4) but having a hungry day. Hoping that I will feel different tommorow and get by on 3 to balance out!

I have no problems with my food packs, I'm doing 3-4 a day (a 4th one being a bar if I fancy a "treat") and I could easily have 10 a day as I LOVE the shakes! Ok, maybe not 10 but you get the drift :) I try to go as long as I can before I have mine, just so it wont be as long before the next. I've seen quite a few who struggle to drink the shakes - maybe there's something wrong with me, lol!

Im the same as you Malu!! Love them. I would try to use them all, even if your not feeling hungry your body will need the nutrients to keep you feeling full etc.
xx

i agree with the other peeps here, you should always eat all of your packs. Even if u dont feel like it, make cookies/crisps out of them and just get them eaten :) considering 1lb of fat = 3500kcals, you'd have to miss out on 27 foodpacks to even lose a measley pound! A silly achievement considering you'd be robbing your body of vital nutrition, not to mention not meeting your correct protein quota, which could mean u start breaking down lean tissue (including internal organs such as heart muscle). Just not worth the risk. Hope this helps xx

why do sum people have 3 and others 4 a day?
i have 3 dont think i could afford an extra one...is it just preference?x

Laura you have 4 if you are over a certain hight, im not sure if there are other reasons, I always try and have all 3 of mine, i think I have only had 2 about 4 times since starting CD but thats because I fell to sleep on the sofa and wasnt going to have one on my way to bed :)
xx

Laura you have 4 if you are over a certain hight, im not sure if there are other reasons,

Yes. 5'8" and over, or if they are male (regardless of height) is a minimum of 4 shakes for SS

Others have 4 because they prefer to do SS+ which has a similar weight loss :)

It is absolutely vital that people have at least the minimum for their nutritional needs (vits, minerals, protein, fats, carbs etc)

Having less than that can burn unnecessary lean mass (everything that isn't fat), and can be dangerous. Besides, it doesn't help with fat loss, in fact it can often have the opposite effect as the body will try to hold on to what it's got for fear of starvation.

in fact it can often have the opposite effect as the body will try to hold on to what it's got for fear of starvation.

I echo that, especially if you are doing any form of exercise. When I started training properly I PUT ON 4lbs, despite sticking to a 1600 calorie per day diet.

I just don't seem to be hungry, I have only had my porridge so far today, I am going to have another shake in a minute, but only because I have to, I don't have an appetite for it.

I just don't seem to be hungry, I have only had my porridge so far today, I am going to have another shake in a minute, but only because I have to, I don't have an appetite for it.

If you struggle to get them in, then leaving it so late in the day is only going to make it harder.

Think of it as medication. Ketosis blunt/takes away appetite. It gives you a false sense of satiety, but you still need the stuff. You can't go on how you feel, whether you are hungry or not.

It's a bit like saying I have to take medicine every 4 hours, but I don't fancy it, I'm not hungry for it. You would have to take it anyway.

If you find that this keeps happening and you really can't face another pack, you do need to go on a higher plan where there is no element of ketosis ie 1,000 and above.

If you want to continue with SS on 4 packs a day, then I recommend starting earlier in the day, perhaps having tetras which are quicker to drink, and just drinking them regardless of how you feel because that is the plan that you have chosen to do.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's really very important that you have everything you need.

Thanks KD, I will try and start earlier in the day,I think I have been leaving them too late, that's a good way to look at it, to think of it as medication.

i have to force mine down sometimes falafel but somehow i have got to the end of the week a few times and have a few packs left and have no idea how! (i only buy enough for each week!!) but do believe my body needs the nutrients in the packs so do make a concerted effort not to miss packs!

Back