do you calorie count salad?

i count my carrots,, if in doubt of how many grams of carrots ive ate ill say 200grams (even though its obvious ive used well under that) and then id say my carrots were 70 calories

Its hard to do so my solution for now is to buy ONLY bagged salad. this way I know exactly how many calls are in it. the lettuce you can ignore for the most part even a massive plate of its only going to be 30-40 cals.

the real problem with salad being careful of ANYTHING not vegatable matter based (meats cheeses etc..) and the worst for me SALAD DRESSING.

I can not do salad without dressing (I LOVE salad bars!! salad is a favorite of mine)

but my god once you start reading the labels! first its very high in calories (dressing) and then when you read what a serving size is you realise its easy to add more calories in salad dressing to a salad than there are calories in a fraking bic mac sandwidch !! holy crap !

140cals for ranch PER TABLE SPOON !! (or was it 2 table spoons) either way insanity!

the best is fat free italian. 10cals a serving. but I hate the stuff. Fat Free balsamic and fat free raspberry vinegrette are the next best at 25calls with fat free ranch at 30cals. but remember that is PER SERVING and a single serving is never sufficient for the amount of salad I eat. so be very very careful.

If you create a free account with this website (no sending spam either) it does all the counting for you. It is great. You can also create your own food from the nutrition labels.
FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal

Back