do you eat all syns? and healthy options?

daisydo22

hi, i started slimming world nearly 4 weeks ago, i lost 4.5lbs in my first wk, stayed the same 2nd and 1.5lbs lost 3rd week, i joined with my mother in law and sister in law, they're both doing better than me, think my mother in law has lost 9lbs and so has my sister in law.

my question is, do you eat some/all of your syns? i tend to eat between 10-15 a day, i'll use them for marg on bread, salad cream on salad, french fries crisps and choc philly mainly.

just been texting mother in law and she says that she has no bread and has no syns and i think she rarely has any from healthy option a. she's getting good losses every wk so is this what i should be doing? i think i'm going to stick to what i've been doing by having syns and bread as part of healthy option b and if the weightloss is not that good then i will do what she does.

Whatever else you do, don't miss out on the A choice in Healthy Extras - it is there to give you calcium, which is essential if you are to avoid bone problems in later life. It also gives you some fat, which you need for the absorption of certain vitamins.

You are following the plan properly your mother in law may be getting better loses than you but has she got more weight to lose? Also she is not getting any fibre which is what the HEXB are for. The HEXA are for calcuim whih has been proven to help with weight loss and is an important source of calcium.

The plan has been designed to include the syns and HEX so you get all the nutrients you need and so that you don't feel deprived. This is a healthy eating plan NOT a diet and is designed to be a healthy eating life style change not and short term fix.

I would say carry on as you are and trust in the plan you will lose and your loses may be slower than others around you but you won't feel deprived and are less likely to binge in the long term. Everybody is different so long as your getting to where you want to be don't worry bout anyone else. xx

Agree with what has been said above.

You have lost 6lb in 3 weeks, that's good for a start!

Slimming world is made up of Free, superfree, healthy extras and syns. They are ALL part of the plan. You could eat identically to someone else for a full week and you wouldn't get the same loss so it's not worth starting to miss things out now.

maybe your mofo is consumming less kcals yes but its a all round healthy plan A and Bs giving you the nutrents you need to substain a healthy eating plan. Yoy don't have to eat all your syns if you dont want to but most cons recommend at least 5 per day, I use all mine mostly though. Use the flexability to fit YOUR fifestyle no body else.

Good luck your doing great :)

Lol had to laugh at 'your mofo' typo? Lol!

I always eat my healthy extras, have about 10 syns a day and try and eat as much superfree as I can fit in. The plan works as a whole. Your mother in law might be losing more now but in time her losses will probably slow as her body will start storing fat!! You need the fat/calcium in the A choice and the fibre in the B choice for your body to be healthy.

I wonder how much you've got to lose? Not many people with only a couple of stone to lose have really big losses anyway, 1-2 pound a week is normal weight loss I've got loads to lose and I steadied at 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 it just happens.

Keep on at the plan like you are, and enjoy those healthy extras!!

what does mofo mean?

letmeout said:
what does mofo mean?

I meant Mnl it was a typo .. It must be used too much as my iPhone auto corrected it:)

my mother in law does have more to lose than me, only about 2 stone more, i have 4 stone to lose, would like to be 10 stone, my pre baby weight. i think i will continue as i am, i like having my syns! thank you everyone x

I have to agree, cutting out syns and HEX's is not a good idea. I'm speaking from experience, I used to have them without worrying and then as I got closer to target I cut my syns down to around 5 a day with two or three days having a bit closer to 10 a day, I always had my HEX's but on green and red days I would only have one HEA choice. I stopped loosing, I got really frustrated and was considering cutting out more syns, but my consultant said to have 10 syns a day AT LEAST and to make sure I had both HEX's on both choices if doing red or green. I tried it but was very very nervous about weighing in as I was positive it would have made me gain, but I lost.

I usually have my healthy extras for breakfast that way I'm sure I've got them in as tbh if I leave it til later on in the day I do struggle to get them in and I'm trying to trust the plan to the letter, cutting them out would just be a quick fix IMO - milks easy enough to drink but it can be hard trying to fit a random piece of wholemeal bread into my later meals (of my Hex B I only like bread and weetabix) so I've ended up cutting bread from my diet altogether and trying to get my weetabix and milk together each morning.

From lunch onwards I work on my freefoods and syns.

I eat both HEXs and around 7-12 syns a day and I average at about 3lbs a week. One thing I will say to you is UP your water intake! It makes SUCH a difference. The first week I started drinking at least 3 litres a day I lost 6LBS!!!!!! x

Oooh forgot to add myself, if doing green days which I seem to be doing mostly, I do have both of my healthy A choice, and I'm still losing on average 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 per week. I find just having muesli with milk for breakfast and having about 3 cups of tea gets rid of the milk one, and if I'm not having cheese with a meal I snack on 2 babybel! Feels like I'm being so bad, because the full fat babybels are so lush.

To be honest it feels like I never stop eating lol but all on plan and my losses are consistent so I am happy to carry on!

I try to eat all my HEXs although sometimes I might not fit in all of my second HEXA (I do green) if it's a day when I'm not using cheese in cooking. I use as many syns as I fancy which is usually between 8 and 15, depending on the day but averaging out at about 12. Apart from random * week gains I'm losing consistently so happy to keep going as I am :)

Back