Do you ever feel like your not getting anywhere?

Bethuk1

Sorry if this is a bit of a downbeat post but I was just wondering if it was just me...I've just been sorting through my clothes (of which there are many!!) and I thought to myself "wow those trousers look huge!" then tried them on and they fit like a glove :cry:lol I feel like my weight loss so far (nearly 2 stone) hasn't impacted on my clothes at all except that my stomach doesn't stick out over them so much it seems to be taking ages to go down a size :( I want to get back into my old jeans so bad!!!! plus my OH just ordered my fave Pizza so I've had to come and hide upstairs until he's eaten it all!! :sigh:

I have moments like that all the time. For the first 6 weeks I couldn't see that I'd lost any weight at all even though by that point I'd lost over a stone.

It's disheartening when something knocks your self esteem but just remember that any downward trend will show results eventually so try and be patient and soon those trousers will be falling off you.

And congratulations on your weight loss so far! It's a great achievement!!

Jaq
xxx

Just think about how well you have done so far and how much worse you would feel if you gave in and put your weight back on. I went down a size quite quickly for some reason yet the lower part of my stomach is still really big and stops me getting into smaller bottoms in certain sizes.
Try measuring yourself - when I was struggling it really boosted me to see I had lost actual inches even if my clothes didn't show it.
Good luck for not eating pizza too :)

Thanks Jaq you've cheered me up :) I'm so looking forward to the day when nothing fits for the right reason!! x

Thanks :) didn't have to worry about the Pizza he'd practically inhaled it..not even a crumb left!!!

Hey hun,

I didnt even start noticing any difference in my body untill i was almost 3 and half stone gone. I think sometimes you dont really realise just how big you were when u started, so when your still fitting well into old jeans, maybe its because those jeans never really fitted well in the first place? this was how it was with me anyways. I remember crying in dorothy perkins changing rooms because soem size 16 trousers where a bit snug, after 2 stones loss and i started at a size 18. I felt huge and that all my effort where making no significant change and began to doubt myself. Looking back, i proberly looked slimmer in those size 16 jeans, than i ever looked in size 18s months before. I was too busy ignoring my weight and cramming my fat ass into a size 18 to realise LOL

Or maybe those jeans are just stupid jeans that always turn up to annoy u at the worst times, i have two pairs of size 10's one fits perfectly, and the other.. from the exact same shop, the exact same size and length.. i cant get over my ass without pulling so hard it gives me a wedgie! lol.. and it appears no amount of weight loss or gym efforts is making it any better, it makes no sence! lol

I think you should just ignore the jeans.. focus on all the hardwork and effort you have put in and how much better you feel for it now, inside and out. 2 stone is a massive achievment and you should be darn proud of yourself for getting it off. So what the jeans are comfy.. it just means in a few more weeks when uv shifted more, u can go out and will fit into that next size down. Bet your in that silly inbetween sizes stage!

*hugs* I know how u feel about the pizza too.. i had to have an afternoon nap because other half was eating full fat pancakes and the kids brang a maccies home. You can imagine what my house smelt like! ahhh.

keep your chin up gorgeous. I think your doing fab. xxxxxxxxx

Hi Fern, :thankyou: for your reply it's made me feel loads better! Your right I'm in the inbetween stage (Size 17!) I'm just too impatient I think :eek: I dread to think what I must have looked like trying to cram myself into my size 18 trousers 2 stone ago..must have been quite a sight!! hahahaha...Your right I think I should be happy just to be fitting comfortably in my size 18 for now!! Beth X

If you're anything like me the weight has gone off your midriff! So the jeans are still as tight as ever! Don't despair, you'll get there in the end!

Hi Fern, :thankyou: for your reply it's made me feel loads better! Your right I'm in the inbetween stage (Size 17!) I'm just too impatient I think :eek: I dread to think what I must have looked like trying to cram myself into my size 18 trousers 2 stone ago..must have been quite a sight!! hahahaha...Your right I think I should be happy just to be fitting comfortably in my size 18 for now!! Beth X

No worries hunnypie, if you ever need anymore motivation and laughs my previous fatty self expence than just mail me :D lol

I know, somtimes i look back at photos and realise how much i used to show, and the outfits i'd wear, .. now i wouldnt even consider it and im 4 stone 4.5 pounds lighter! I really did look hurrendous!

I have trousers that look like clowns trousers, and thinking back they used to be so tight. looking at them now you'd think you could fit TWO elephants in them LOL

Better to be wearing size 16 jeans and looking comfortable and slim, whilst able to bend over and sit down without popping open and flashing the world your arse, then cramming into a 14 and looking bigger than you actually are! Size is nothing, its all about how you dress yourself and oozing confidence.

Congrats on your weightloss so far girlie.

Hugs! xxxxxxxx

My size 18s are starting to fit comfortably now, even though I was wearing them to start with! (I've lost more than a stone and a half - I think, WI tomorrow).

I guess I was wearing things WAY too tight before, or even not wearing most of them as much as the elasticated things, but leaving them in my wardrobe ASSUMING they fitted.

I can see a difference in the mirror though and my b/f has certainly noticed my losses...So I guess the clothes size will follow.

I understand how you feel, I was like that initially, although now I seem to be changing shape but not not losing weight. Hmphh. Guess it all evens out in the end.

Clothes are weird. I have jeans that fit when I put them on and then are baggy after a couple of hours. They're the ones that "fitted" before I lost weight . . . but now I realise how they fit AND I can sit down. A major plus in an office job :D

My weight goes off my top half first :)rolleyes:) and then the bottom. Yours sounds the same. But don't worry, it'll go.

Two stone? :happy036:

Thanks everyone for your support! It's great to know I'm not the only one :)*hugs*

Hold on ducks, you say you noticed no difference but then say you haven't got the muffin top with them anymore - THATS PROGRESS. You say they fit like a glove, well if they were snug before THATS PROGRESS. So they weren't falling down yet, but stick with it and they will. Always look for the positive in anything no matter how small it is. You are heading in the right direction so keep up the good work. xx

Back