Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Do you exercise?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Seaneen, 17 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Seaneen

Seaneen Short and pink

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(33.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I am finding it so difficult to exercise on this diet. Mostly because of the weather, I usually cycle. I feel sluggish not doing anything.

Do you exercise?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. eatlessweighless

eatlessweighless Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.78%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    I didn't do any before the diet, and they don't recommend any, so that suits me to a tee!!!!

Lack of carbs supplying vital glycogen to the muscles is what is making you sluggish, so I recommend that you cut it down if you are doing a lot. If you are a hardened exerciser, you can do some but nothing too strenuous.

Theresa x

4. Seaneen

Seaneen Short and pink

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(33.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I'm doing bugger all! But I want to. I feel lazy!

5. weepoppet

weepoppet Full Member

Yup, I am an avid exerciser. Lots of cardio, love spin classes and weight lifting too.

The plan for me is to step up to 1000 plan soon so I have enough energy to run again and then resume my personal training which I stopped while on SS/790.

How about doing some swimming or joining a gym? It doesn't have to be a swanky one, what about a council run one? You could even take up walking.

I do think working out not just helps the appearance of your body but it also helps your head too.

6. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm not yet, I'm waiting to lose about 3 stone first, and maybe AAMW, then start swimming.

7. minilady

minilady Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    It's not recommended to start any vigorous exercise in the first 2 weeks of following a VLCD. But it is important to exercise, especially once you've reached your target weight. Not only will it help to lose/maintain weight it's a great stress reliever and wonderful for your health in general.

Seaneen I found it hard to get into the exercise mode, so started gently, by going to an aerobics class with a friend, I love swimming so when I felt confident to get in a swimsuit I started that. Walking is just as good as anything. Hopefully the weather will get better soon and you'll feel more like having a good bike ride. It's hard when you're in ketosis and you're already feeling the cold, just makes you want to snuggle indoors:)

Tracey
    x

8. shinyhappyperson

shinyhappyperson Silver Member

I have just signed up to a gym for three months only, then if I find I am not using it I will not be obliged to pay for a whole year.

Planning on doing aqua-aerobics and swimming to start with. Apparently backstroke is very good for your ab's (but I don't think I have any of them ;)).

9. _Razorbladelove_

_Razorbladelove_ Powdered Toast Man

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I walk to and from work everyday, does that count? lol

10. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

im doing crap all keep meaning to get back walking but its to wet excuses excuses i hear yis tell me! I KNOW!!

11. trapped.in.a.fat.persons.

trapped.in.a.fat.persons. Destined 2 be skinny!

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ive bought natalie cassidys dvd work out. At the moment whilst in week 5 on cd, im doing just the 15min warm up, then as i go on, im just gonna step it up. Doing the race for life, well walking the race for life, may 11th just as a goal for my weight loss really, aswell as charity obv!!! But not for the excercise i mean. xxx

12. TheRealMe

TheRealMe Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    The Body Coach SSS
    I usually do a 3 mile walk 3-4 times a week. My first day on CD and didn't sleep last night (must have been too excited!) so didn't go today. Off to bed now in the hope I can fit at least 2 miles in tomorrow morning. Goodnight all! Julie x

13. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Nope, not before, during or after!

Gx

14. soule

soule Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Thats what i like to hear Porgeous lol x

15. quizzicalgrrl

quizzicalgrrl Posting Mad!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge 810
    I am doing walk away the pounds by leslie sansone dvd

16. Dobbie

Dobbie I will get to goal .....

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I am a member of a gym and go 3-6 times each week. While SS/SS+ I only do weights followed by gentle cardio (walk, swim, bike) for 30 mins. It's a mental thing for me, makes me feel very good about myself and I love the 'pumped up' feeling afterwards ;):D

17. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(24.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I joined up with Fitbug and aim to walk more than 10,500 steps a day. The fact that you have to send in your stats every few days is a great motivator.

18. hc06oc

hc06oc Member

HI iam currently on 7th day on 100% ss cd and am doing 5-10 minuite sessions on cross trainerxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.