Do you exercise?

Seaneen

Short and pink
I am finding it so difficult to exercise on this diet. Mostly because of the weather, I usually cycle. I feel sluggish not doing anything.

Do you exercise?

I didn't do any before the diet, and they don't recommend any, so that suits me to a tee!!!!

Lack of carbs supplying vital glycogen to the muscles is what is making you sluggish, so I recommend that you cut it down if you are doing a lot. If you are a hardened exerciser, you can do some but nothing too strenuous.

Theresa x

Yup, I am an avid exerciser. Lots of cardio, love spin classes and weight lifting too.

The plan for me is to step up to 1000 plan soon so I have enough energy to run again and then resume my personal training which I stopped while on SS/790.

How about doing some swimming or joining a gym? It doesn't have to be a swanky one, what about a council run one? You could even take up walking.

I do think working out not just helps the appearance of your body but it also helps your head too.

I'm not yet, I'm waiting to lose about 3 stone first, and maybe AAMW, then start swimming.

It's not recommended to start any vigorous exercise in the first 2 weeks of following a VLCD. But it is important to exercise, especially once you've reached your target weight. Not only will it help to lose/maintain weight it's a great stress reliever and wonderful for your health in general.

Seaneen I found it hard to get into the exercise mode, so started gently, by going to an aerobics class with a friend, I love swimming so when I felt confident to get in a swimsuit I started that. Walking is just as good as anything. Hopefully the weather will get better soon and you'll feel more like having a good bike ride. It's hard when you're in ketosis and you're already feeling the cold, just makes you want to snuggle indoors:)

Tracey
x

I have just signed up to a gym for three months only, then if I find I am not using it I will not be obliged to pay for a whole year.

Planning on doing aqua-aerobics and swimming to start with. Apparently backstroke is very good for your ab's (but I don't think I have any of them ;)).

I walk to and from work everyday, does that count? lol

Ive bought natalie cassidys dvd work out. At the moment whilst in week 5 on cd, im doing just the 15min warm up, then as i go on, im just gonna step it up. Doing the race for life, well walking the race for life, may 11th just as a goal for my weight loss really, aswell as charity obv!!! But not for the excercise i mean. xxx

I usually do a 3 mile walk 3-4 times a week. My first day on CD and didn't sleep last night (must have been too excited!) so didn't go today. Off to bed now in the hope I can fit at least 2 miles in tomorrow morning. Goodnight all! Julie x

Nope, not before, during or after!

Gx

I am a member of a gym and go 3-6 times each week. While SS/SS+ I only do weights followed by gentle cardio (walk, swim, bike) for 30 mins. It's a mental thing for me, makes me feel very good about myself and I love the 'pumped up' feeling afterwards ;):D

Back