Do you feel guilty?

-Tally-

Silver Member
I never really felt any guilt when over eating or binging as I thoroughly enjoyed it. I always ate very healthy meals it was the extras (crisps, white bread, butter) that were unhealthy but I put it to the back of my mind and just enjoyed it.

Now that I'm eating healthier I seem to be feeling guilt and "I shouldn't have ate all that" thoughts are entering my head whenever I feel sated or full.

I suppose when I feel "empty" or hungry then I feel like I'm losing weight and when I feel full/sated I feel like I did after I had a binge but now with the guilt because I'm trying to lose weight.

It's not really registering with me that it's different because what I'm eating is healthier...I just feel full (not overly full, sated) but don't particularly like it.

Anyone get what I mean? Not sure if I'm making much sense.

It may be a hangover from the olden days when "diets" were half a grapefruit and a lettuce leaf.

Difference is that you are now following a healthy eating plan. You might feel full, but do you notice anything different such as your skin being more radiant, eyes brighter, having more vitality and being generally more bushy tailed?

I kinda know what you mean though as I quite enjoy feeling hungry from time to time. (Why do I feel ashamed saying that?)

It may take some getting used to for you Missus. Your stats speak volumes. If it gets you down, maybe eat little and often.

I enjoy feeling hungry too, I look forward to having my dinner though but then feel guilty for eating it afterwards...yet 6 months ago I could eat 10 bags of crisps in a row and not feel a twinge of guilt. Go figure! lol

I know what you mean, I think if you don't feel hungry you can start to doubt that the plan is working!

On SW I don't feel full as such, it's like a feeling that my hunger is being masked, really weird!

Guilt is such a colossal waste of time; in achieves nothing. It just makes you miserable. I used to feel guilty about things but it was just a bad habit and like other habits, it can be broken.

I understand totally, I attempted weightwatchers earlier in the year and went to bed early feeling hungry and that it must be doing me some good, obviously not, a week later I ate like a king and felt much better for it. However, I'm feeling guilty about being full, satisfied and feeling slightly thinner, I think old diet habits are hard to break and all psychological habits we develop take a while to be undone. i'm sure if you keep losing you'll change they way you think.

i fully agree that u can feel guilt about eating so much, but when you weigh in, you can see that you've done everything right! good luck with your loss :)

x

Oh I agree, I feel like that all the time, particularly after my dinner at night, when I think, how on earth could I possibly lose weight after eating that!

I've been doing SW for six weeks now and have been having losses, but I still think that way, but that's the beauty of SW - you can eat well, but it's the right things, and still lose weight, meaning that because it's not a 'diet' you can change your eating habits in the right way, and carry it on forever, instead of doing something crazy, losing weight, and then piling it all back on again when you start to eat 'normally' :D

Oh I agree, I feel like that all the time, particularly after my dinner at night, when I think, how on earth could I possibly lose weight after eating that!

I've been doing SW for six weeks now and have been having losses, but I still think that way, but that's the beauty of SW - you can eat well, but it's the right things, and still lose weight, meaning that because it's not a 'diet' you can change your eating habits in the right way, and carry it on forever, instead of doing something crazy, losing weight, and then piling it all back on again when you start to eat 'normally' :D

You're completely right, this gives you the opportunity to change your eating habits permanantly and for the better.

You're completely right, this gives you the opportunity to change your eating habits permanantly and for the better.

i agree, :)

THEMRS wow wow!! your weight loss has been fabulous what's are you doing (mainly green,red or EE?) and what body magic are you doing?

I'm the same yesterday i didn't over eat but today lord have mercy! It was all green free but i feel really really bad and i haven't had a single syn!

Jacq81, I'm doing Green every day as I'm vegetarian. Not really doing any body magic, have been a bit more active of late as I've been sorting the house out and I have bought an exercise bike but so far it's only been used to hang clothes on :p

Thank you for all the responses, some good "food for thought". It probably is habit and pre-conditioning, I.E. you should be hungry on a diet. I just get frustrated with myself I think. I'm impatient and my loss last week was small and so I got frustrated and the guilt after eating hit all this week. Urgh...Will have to try and keep it in check. I know it's pointless, just not sure how to stop it.

Yes i get the guilt feelings too, but not like b4 i started!! I used to think about my weight 24/7 and about food 24/7 feeling guilty all the time!! but now it helps keeping track of the food i eat and knowing i'm eating healthy, food is not the bee all and end all to me anymore! Just hope i wont slip back into my old way's in the future??

Lovely avatar piccy Lizzie :)

That's always the worry for me too, the slipping back into old ways. It's so easy to do too, without even realising it. I find it quite easy to stay focused once I'm switched on but once I go off it could take my a couple of years to go back on it, that's why I can't afford a slip up really.

Hey beautiful! In response to your title, yes, I do feel guilty! Today is meant to be my off-plan day (they only came about very recently for me!) but I am still counting syns and taking them off my weekly allowance, and I am still sticking to the principles of EE! I feel so strange - on Saturday, I gave away my final heavenly cupcake (box of 6 I got given on my birthday and I have only had one a week since then) to my brothers and I didn't feel like I had to replace it with something else!

If you stay here at MiniMins, we'll all help you stay on track :) xxx

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

we don't need slimming classes (we all know what we should do to lose weight!), we need psychiatrists.

I'm totally screwed... i need my head sorting out.

Lx

Lol, tell me about it! Already got one of those! :p

I feel guilty today; i ate a bag of crisps and a wispa! I'm on me own at work, I've eaten all my fruit and yogurt and can't get away for lunch so I scoffed the junk food.

Feel guilty; you bet your ass i do! :(

I feel guilty today; i ate a bag of crisps and a wispa! I'm on me own at work, I've eaten all my fruit and yogurt and can't get away for lunch so I scoffed the junk food.

Feel guilty; you bet your ass i do! :(

oh dear poor u :( ive done that plenty of times! for some reason if u eat something quickly it doesnt count lol! :)
dont worry, its not like you've scoffed a snickers and a massive bag of doritos or something, bet ull still lose this week :D

I never used to feel guilt- I would justify eating ANYTHING- there was always a good reason in my head as to why I deserved something, or it was worth it, or I was entitled to eat it.

I don't feel guilt now- I think I would class it more as being accountable. I have an awareness of what I put in my mouth and the consequence of that. I know that if I eat too much I must either balance it out (exercise) or happily accept the consequence (weight gain). I don't go in for the mental bullying, I just shrug and accept that it is done now, and either limit the damage or accept the outcome- I don't beat myself up but I also don't try and convince myself that I was entitled to eat it

I never feel guilty when eating free food, though- never!

Back