do you have a meal/treat off plan weekly?

Agreed-I am thinking of sw as a way of eating for the rest of life- not just while I lose weight. And so I am going to 'go off plan' as many are calling it- because I'm not going to be a saint for the rest of my life, I will have the odd pizza, burger etc so I might as well incorporate it now ; )

Geemav said:
Agreed-I am thinking of sw as a way of eating for the rest of life- not just while I lose weight. And so I am going to 'go off plan' as many are calling it- because I'm not going to be a saint for the rest of my life, I will have the odd pizza, burger etc so I might as well incorporate it now ; )

Exactly:) I've embraced it as a permanent lifestyle change. And to be honest after following it for all of 2011 so far it is just normal to me.

It's not realistic to think that you are never going to have 'off plan' meals or days, it's being able to negotiate limits with yourself.

The title of this thread mentions 'off plan'! My point was that if we think of SW as a plan to 'go off', then we haven't really embraced it as a way of eating for life and it's less likely to be sustainable in the long term.

Im not sure what i should have called the thread if not this?? Slimming world is a ''plan'' so to speak. It does limit your food intake and it doesn't ''allow'' you to have certain things, as they just have too many syns! I know flexi syns is the correct term, but dont see that its any different? Calling it ''going off plan'' or flexi syns means the same :) xx

Thing is, going off plan is different to flexi synning. Mainly because you are supposed to set an upper limit of syns when you flexi syn - whereas off plan means you aren't synning anything. I still don't buy into flexi synnng personally - but i know people who use it succeasfully. For me, i don't want to sit there on a night out trying to syn everything!

Thing is, going off plan is different to flexi synning. Mainly because you are supposed to set an upper limit of syns when you flexi syn - whereas off plan means you aren't synning anything. I still don't buy into flexi synnng personally - but i know people who use it succeasfully. For me, i don't want to sit there on a night out trying to syn everything!
Totaly get what you mean. Thanks :)

On wi night I have one meal of whatever I want and I don't count syns or worry about red or green days! Or maybe some ice-cream or a cocktail etc.

This keeps me focused all week -

However I only have this if I have a loss at wi and I have none - not even one syn prior to wi on that day so I'm sure I eat no more than 30syns - do it's like a flex day. But else I crave bad foods in the week.

Overall it keeps me on plan - it works for me and 3stone gone it obviously works for me! Xx

sometimes I'll pop to a friends house with a 4pack of lager (30syns), but that would be on average 1/month.... sometimes, if I fancy I'll have an extra HEB (oooh how rockstar is that ? lol)
But I generally stick to a limit of around 80 syns per week, so in theory I have 25 spare anyway

Back