Do you have to exercise portion control to be successful?

More great advice, thanks so much xx

I never realised that your appetite would decrease the longer you're on SW, that's really interesting!!

Is anybody like me... Whatever is on my plate I have to eat. So for instance even if I was full I would wait 5 mins to clear my plate! I don't know why but I cannot put food in the bin!! So for me when I prepare food I have to prepare less so I won't over indulge. I guess that's why they recommend 1/3 superfree on EE for people like me!!

xx

More great advice, thanks so much xx

I never realised that your appetite would decrease the longer you're on SW, that's really interesting!!

Is anybody like me... Whatever is on my plate I have to eat. So for instance even if I was full I would wait 5 mins to clear my plate! I don't know why but I cannot put food in the bin!! So for me when I prepare food I have to prepare less so I won't over indulge. I guess that's why they recommend 1/3 superfree on EE for people like me!!

xx
Yes!! i'm like that i will clear my plate and have to have a bit of everything on my fork, Since starting sw i have made my portion's smaller and left some food and i am never hungry after, i do usually watch tv while eating but have been thinking about every mouth ful, a friend at sw swear's by a green tea before every meal too, which i will try now i remembered lol

yes i agree only eat when hungry, and fruit is good except bananas and grapes as not super free and if you were eating loads of mullers just cus they are fat free still have sugar so try to limit them or have 1 poured over a bowl of fruit

I think you're confusing superfree with superspeed - whilst Banana's and Grapes aren't superSPEED they're still superFREE!

HTH! :D

Before I started sw I read the Paul Mckenna book I can make you thin. It really changed the way I eat as it trains you to only eat when you are truly hungry and to eat slowly and stop when you are full. The book alone did help me to lose a couple of lbs but I feel that I really need a proper diet to stick to and group support. I have taken on board the msgs in the book (and the CD its excellent!) so it is an extra help now Im on the sw diet. Im eating free & superfree foods but only until Im full. I hate that stuffed, cant eat any more feeling now! xx

I think the most important thing really is to not deprive yourself. So if you are using portion control and eating less than you really need, thats not a good idea. After all, as long as you follow the plan, what is free is free and what is superfree is superfree. Thats kind of the point of them being designated as such.

Some people are emotional or boredom eaters, and sometimes its not enough to have just those three meals and a few superfree snacks between. I would MUCH rather anyone who was hungry ate sufficiently to feel full and satiated, than think that they MUST only have small portions in order to lose.

Think of it this way. You eating something because you are hungry and it is free, is MUCH better than you limiting yourself, feeling deprived, and being so hungry and feeling deprived that you end up falling off plan or having a binge. Trust your body, and stick to the plan, and you wont go wrong.

I can't say I try to eat smaller portions and often do have a big plateful, but I always include 1/3 to 1/2 superfree regardless of whether I'm doing extra easy or not. I do tend to eat until I'm full though as I know if I allow myself to get too hungry I'll end up eating crap so I'd rather fill up on fruit & veg than go down that road.

Everyone is different but that's what works for me :)

Not quite accurate because vegetables like potatoes sweet potatoes parsnips peas sweetcorn broad beans etc are NOT superfree but free on green. these are just free food and don't count towards your third superfree. I think you may have meant it to read if they are free on both plans then they are superfree x

Sorry if I'm being dense, but I don't see how what I'm saying isn't accurate? I've written it as what I see as a factually correct equation? X + X = Y

What you've said "if they are free on both plans then they are superfree" is exactly the same as what I've said....no?

"Fruit and veg that's Free on red + Free on green = superfree"

I think it's just a misinterpretation. I suspect BrightonRosie thought you were saying that superfree foods are those that are free on red and those that are free on green. When you meant foods that are free on both red and green.

Back