Do you have to have an Add A Meal week?

letmeout

Silver Member
Dou you have to have add a meal in week 5? What happens if you don't?

Dou you have to have add a meal in week 5? What happens if you don't?

You need to have a Doctors certificate saying that he will allow you to SS without a break and that he will monitor you.

Love Mini xxx

i think i remember someone saying.. or reading somewhere.. that if you're doing it for a long time.. you're body gets used to not having solid food.. and therefore when you start to eat.. it can be a shock to your system..
i may be totally wrong here.. but as mini said.. i think you need a doctors note to say you can do it without it.. and theres a lot of people on here who still lose quite a lot on an aamw..
hope i havnt got this wrong..
x x x

Hiya,
I'm on week 5 and my CDC didn't mention me going onto AAM this week. I think she said at the beginning that it was up to me if I wanted to SS the whole way through. According to what you guys are saying this shouldn't have happened. She was quite happy last week when I bought my next 3 weeks supplies!
Advice please!
Tansyx:)

Hiya,
I'm on week 5 and my CDC didn't mention me going onto AAM this week. I think she said at the beginning that it was up to me if I wanted to SS the whole way through. According to what you guys are saying this shouldn't have happened. She was quite happy last week when I bought my next 3 weeks supplies!
Advice please!
Tansyx:)

I have always done AAM on CD while SSing...

I have just found this about the new rules for SSing.:rolleyes:

I am not familar with them but you can read what it says on this post below and the link I have taken it from.

That is a good plan.

Under the new rules you can SS for 12 weeks consecutively, however, I still advocate the introduction of food during that period as you are kept in contact with food and do not become frightened to eat. You have to be on 810 in week 13.

So we propose SS for 5 weeks SS+ week six SS for weeks 7-11 then SS+ week 12, 810 week 13 then either back to SS or continue 810 or move up plans

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/30916-changes-cd.html

Under the old rules GP permission must be obtained but under the new rules no. Now the CDC just has to write to the GP advising them their patient is following a VLCD (600 cals or less) to keep them informed. They do not have to give permission or sign anything the onus is then on them if they wish to discuss the matter with their patient.

If the patient does not want the GP informed they have to follow the new 615 programme which is 4 packs and 200ml skimmed milk or 3 packs and a 200 cal meal bit like AAM for the full 12 weeks. 12 weeks is the maximum on a VLCD (800 cals or less) then a week at 810 has to be introduced then back to SS if the client wants to.

The booklets and new MRF's are not yet available will be soon.

New customers will have to follow new rules, however, if existing customer wants to do SS for 12 weeks we must inform the GP.

Also on LL you are not supposed to do 14 weeks abstinant either. You are supposed to do a milk week, equivalent of the CD AAMW to break the SS in accordance with NICE guidelines. That is unless it has changed since I did it last year.

I think its down to the individual counsellors isn't it. Not all of them seem to give complete information. My CDC for instance omitted to tell me quite a few things which I would never of known about if it wasn't for this forum

My CDC didn't even take my doctor's details, as BMI not over 40. She did say 4 weeks, 1 week AAM, then back to SS if I wanted to.

Also on LL you are not supposed to do 14 weeks abstinant either. You are supposed to do a milk week, equivalent of the CD AAMW to break the SS in accordance with NICE guidelines. That is unless it has changed since I did it last year.

I did LL and although only did it for 100 days my friend has been on it non stop for 5 months and has never had a morsal touch her lips and has never been told about milk week.
Also i dunno if its the same for all but i was never told i had to keep gettingmy BP checked i got it once by doc at beginning and she never mentioned Docs again!

My CDC didn't even take my doctor's details, as BMI not over 40. She did say 4 weeks, 1 week AAM, then back to SS if I wanted to.

at the moment you only need doctors signature if ur bmi's over 40

i started in november and didnt have aamw till week 12 as i had doctors permission not to and she sees me every 4 weeks
have struggled a little to stop having aam since but will just have to focus

Back