Do you keep it a secret.....?

The whole world knows about my sw journey lol people are always noticing my new skinnier figure and see what i eat and how much and want a pièce of the pie so to speak i love all things sw and even wanted to be a consultant sadly due to my shifts at work i cant fit it in :( but one day WHO knows i am part of the social team too when i can be there and regularly make foodie things for meetings syn free onion chutney this week so many friends because they know im on sw ask me for recipes and a woman i met on hol WHO does sw too Is always asking questions via Facebook and she lives at the other side of the country so yeah i shout it from the rooftops and the positive feedback i get from friends spurrs me on

I've told one friend at work and wish I hadn't! She's trying to lose weight and refuses to touch carbs. I actually walked in in her eating a bag of lettuce for lunch!! I've told her about SW but have never told her that her diet is unhealthy. She tells me that my diet is crazy and unhealthy everyday and that I'll never lose weight eating all those carbs....can't wait until my weight loss becomes noticeable!

Her diet will fall foul far before your healthy Eating plan for life ever does .... Ive done faddy diets they dont work long term slimming world ive been doing for a year now this Is the longest i have ever stuck to a diet for i lasted 6 months on ww then gave up because i was starving and the weight wasnt shifting .... Im now half a Stone lighter than i ever got to on ww and im never starving

To start with, only my hubby, MIL (she's on SW too so I went to her for advice) and my parents knew. I just didn't want the extra pressure. Now everyone knows!
And what I do when I'm eating a chocolate bar and someone says "you can't have that" is I bang on about SW and Syn values and they soon wish they hadn't said anything haha!!
No one says anything now, apart from saying how slim I look :D

Mg dad Is the worst for saying thats not a diet you cant eat that ..... After spending a week visiting me with mum and Eating the sw meals i cooked. (AND LOSING A STONE IN A WEEK) hes now Eating his words and my mum has overhauled the way she cooks

I started slimming world last year and lost 2 stone. I stopped going in september and have stayed the same weight but still had 1 more stone to lose to what I wanted to be so I have recently re joined. I know I havn't got alot to lose im a size 12 and want to be a size 10. I tell people but hate that people feel they have to tell me I dont need to lose weight and look at me as if im weird. If I want to lose a little bit of weight it's my body and I should be able to. It's not as of im a size 6 and trying to lose weight. I think some people are jealous because they have no will power to go on a healthy eating diet so they feek they have to comment on your eating.

I don't keep it secret but I don't broadcast it in Facebook or anything like that. People I spend time around all know because I'm always checking things in my book for syns and meal ideas lol.

I think it's really hard when people scoff at the plan you are doing or act unsupportive when you are trying to make a positive step. I do have a friend who makes remarks when I try to make SW puddings or anything like that ("did you make that cake out of talcum powder and wallpaper paste" aka sweetener and beaten egg instead of flour and sugar) she is on a diet as well at the moment but says she would rather not bother than eat 'fake' cakes. Which is fine, she needs to diet how she feels it will work but it does annoy me on occasion when I feel proud for having synned iced gems and not a slab of dairy milk (my ultimate weakness) and she makes a comment.

Hers seems to be working for her and mine is working for me so I just let it all go over my head. The competitive person in me so wants to lose more than her (pleas dont think I'm a nasty cow) but that only serves as motivation for me!

A friend of mine is exactly the same. She is literally living on lettuce leafs and mocks me for my huge Tupperware box of mashed potato and spaghetti hoops that I tuck into at lunchtime.

I am also hoping that I lose more weight than her, so I totally see where you're coming from!!

Back