Do you plan your meals and if so, whats on offer!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by raquelscatt, 11 May 2011 Social URL.

1. raquelscatt

raquelscatt Full Member

Ok, so I have finally bitten the bullet and re-joined SW this morning.

I am just trying to do a meal plan for the week and an internet grocery shop to stock up!

Do you find it easier to follow plan when you plan your meals?

If you have meals planned (especially evening meals,) whats on the list this week?!

Just want some quick, basic and easy meals this week!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ammsas

ammsas Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(16.74%)
    Diet:
    Weight watcher
    I don't write my plan, but make sure I always have the following things in the kitchen:
    chicken bovril
    loads of fruit
    mullerlight yogs
    pasta
    canderel
    beans
    low fat cheese (cathedral city is nice)
    eggs
    sugar free squash

My diner favs are: pasta with home made syn free tomato sauce (packed with onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, chilli, fresh basil, stock and a bit of sweetner) top with 42g low fat cheese (HEXA).
    Slimming world chips or wedges with eggs
    beans, jacket potato and cheese
    Grilled steak with loads of herby salad
    Risotto (rice, onions, garlic, chilli, chicken bovril) topped with prawns (HEXB) cheese (HEXA) fresh tomatoes, sweetcorn.

I feel hungry already

4. Rachelina

Rachelina Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.82%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I always plan my meals for the week as a, it stops me overspending and b, I just then don't get tempted to eat crappy meals and end up deviating off the plan.

I bought some of the books from group and am slowly working my way through them, today we have had barley lamb from the family feasts for a fiver book and yesterday had chicken bhuna with cinnamon rice, both are free on EE and absolutely gorgeous, I have also just made a huge vat of the superspeed soup which will feed me in lunches for the next few days, there are loads of options, have a look at some of the recipe threads

5. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Fish pie tomorrow, out for a curry Fri (will be synned) sw burger and chips with superfree salad sat, sun not sure yet!

6. determinator

determinator Banned

I always plan my weeks meals , I also have about 15 portions of SW stuff in my freezer ( pork ratatoullie , chicken sofrita , keema curry and moroccan lamb at the moment ) . Tescos have meat on offer at the moment , loads of different things on 3 for £10 , so i go a big pack of king prawns , 6 pork loin steaks and 2 lamb steaks this week . I have made king prawn stir fry , had the lamb steaks grilled as they were just lush , and will have the pork with some syn free BBQ sauce :D

If I dont plan my meals for the week I dont stick to plan

7. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(11.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I alway plan my weekday meals and then see what I fancy at the weekends. This week I have:

Monday - chicken and sweetcorn pasta bake
    Tuesday - SW quiche, SW chips and corn on the cob
    Today- spag bol with side salad
    Thursday - turkey meatloaf with veg and mash (leftover meatloaf for lunch on Friday)
    Friday - ratatouille with mozzarella

I do turkey meatloaf a lot, as turkey mince is so cheap, more than half the cost of beef mince in Asda.

Oh, Asda are doing all muller yogurts/rice for 25p each at the moment too.

Last edited: 11 May 2011
  8. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I can't plan meals. It makes me rebel. If I know what I'm supposed to eat then I REALLY don't want it!

9. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    I don't plan each day. I plan what i'm gonna have for dinner for the whole week & then cook whichever thing i fancy on the day.
    I did plan every day when i started though & it did help.

10. Bige

Bige Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    ''Not having a plan is a plan to fail'' That's what my grandfather used to tell be as a children and I still live by it now.

11. Claracluck9

Claracluck9 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(11.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do a meal planner every week when I do my online shop and found this works best for me.

12. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Forgot to say I also try & make at least one new meal a week from the cook books or mags to keep things a bit interesting. Admittedly sometimes its a disaster (like this weeks attempt at Coq Au Vin - burnt it) but I always have a back up plan for new recipe nights just in case (I'm not a bad cook - honest!!).

13. Noddynoobs

Noddynoobs Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(12.5%)
    i normally plan, find it easier to stayon track, and also cheaper as i only buy what i need, and not just wander round the shop picking up any thing that catches my eye!

14. Caramelle

Caramelle Full Member

I got into the habit of doing online shopping when I was off on maternity leave. Obviously it made my life sooo much easier, and it was really nice also to have all the stuff you need in. Not having to rack your brain every day having to think "what on earth am I going to cook tonight??". And also it cut down dramatically on my food bills!

Further on I found that it was a real blessing when I was doing SW (before I fell off at Christmas!), because I could then work in all the variety I needed to keep me and my family happy on the plan. All it takes was about an hour on a Sunday evening, and hey presto - Mr. Tesco knocks on the door the next day with all your food ready bagged up! It's great!!!!

Whether you do online shop or plan a weekly grocery store shop, I really think that planning your weekly menu is a really good way of not only saving stress and a LOAD of money, but it also really helped me stick to plan because I got all the food variety that I needed by it. Thoroughly recommend weekly meal planning ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.