Do you sabatage yourself?

Sculls

Silver Member
Hello all!

I don't understand myself and why I seem to sabotage my weight loss! I have just come back from Ibiza with my friends and I was so pleased that I got to my Ibiza goal and wore a bikini for the first time in years! I stuck to plan with food and had made SW curries for my return so I didn't fall off the wagon as I have to fit in to a bridesmaids dress in a couple of weeks!

For some unknown reason I have had Chinese, ice-cream, big bags of crisps, chocolate for breakfast, White bread, butter, full fat drinks, chippy chips!

It seems to be...ah well I've had a bad day I might as well carry on! And I am really naughty for days! I even chose the bad foods because I can!

I am so annoyed with myself but I don't understan why I am doing it! It's literally like I am trying to sabotage myself!!

:-(

I have soooo been there i joined sw in 2007 after my first son never gained then got to my.lowest and gained it all. Its like i got so comfy. However i tried n tried to get bk.on plan had my second son and tried atkins and calorie countin. Failed. Gained more. So just rejoined sw agaib monday and doing ok. Sometimes we need a break or a xhange to think actually slimming world is tge one for me. Xx

Start:: 217lb current:: 217lb...Goal:: 154lb 63lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 22lb to go!!

i am exactly the same, especially if im due on! Infact yesterday, i ate everything for no reason, but my only advice is to just get back on track, keep a food diary, get back to basic's, measure your milk etc. Its easy to become complaceant and cocky after a good weight loss, you have done really well so far, it would be a real shame to slot back into old habits. Come on girl! Get your head out your arse and back in the game!!

I've recently been doing this to myself, although I would do it most evenings. I'd be on plan all day and then become a human hoover in the evening. I've been keeping a food diary on here and so far *touches wood* I've been back on plan for a week with no self sabotage x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Do you wanna still be wearing a bikini on next years holiday, or do you wanna be covered up in a one piece?? I know which I'd choose!! Wake up tomorrow and start afresh. You've done it all the time up until your holiday so you can do it now!!

I've done the same before, dieted on my own lost a couple of stone went down 2 dress sizes went on holiday and just never got back on it!! Took me about 2 years to try again lol don't make that mistake!! I got to heavier than I'd ever been and had pre-high blood pressure readings at 23! Kicked my arse into shape that did so off to slimming world I went. Never felt better. Hopefully ill be in a bikini this time next year :)

Thank you for the responses! Strong words needed! It's mad that in the next 2 months I am a bridesmaid twice, another hen do and a holiday so you would think I would be a super dieter! I just don't know how my mind works! It's as if I am thinking 'while you are off the wagon eat as much crap as you can get away with' I am note en enjoying it, I feel sick and tired!

Big healthy shop done! If I can get up and shred in the morning then I know I will be on the right track!

5lb to lose in 3 weeks! It's got to start with me really!

Much needed words! Thanks girls x

I'm the same. Been off plan since wednesday night's weigh in as I'd gained despite the fact I've just got in to my 14s!

constantly. totally relate to the 'it's an off plan day! let's eat as much crap as humanly possible!'. i think i'm thinking if i eat it today which is already ruined, at least it won't ruin tomorrow. but of course then tomorrow i'm even less likely to stick to it. or i do well all week and have good resolve, and then suddenly it's the weekend and i've given in to lure of beer and the whole weeks written off. i've been doing this for 3 months now. gaining and losing the same 2lb. i think my problem is i'm avoiding doing it 100%. i've observed myself doing it in my entire life, i'm quite happy with coasting along and not achieving anything as long as it's because i haven't tried. i'm worried if i really really try i'll still fail so i get in there first and make sure i do. enough though, i'm going to be brave and properly try. logically, i know i can lose weight if i let myself.

Argh why do we do it! If I could understand that I would be much better off! I am so frustrated now! I have been on plan all day! Made a lovely tea of venison and a whole bag of spinach! Then ate a pack of pancakes with butter, quavers and peanut butter out of the jar! I didn't want it! Then I felt sick and got really upset! Everything I am eating I am screaming at myself not to but it's likei am rebelling! I must exercise tomorrow I think that will maybe snap me out of this! :-(

Bad night last night with other half goin to out of hours clinic...screamin kids....i locked us out the house so ate junk....so now i want junk again :( dont want my weetabix...want a fatty fried brekki with hashbrowns and sausages :,(

Start:: 217lb current:: 217lb...Goal:: 154lb 63lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 22lb to go!!

Oh yeah I have done this so many times since joining SW 3 years ago. When you fall off the wagon it's very difficult to get back into BUT I've always found if I throw myself into it, then wtihin 2/3 days I'm totally back on track & wishing I'd never strayed in the first place. You need the right mindframe for a start, you can try to get back into it but if you're not really willing to give 100% then you'll fall off again quickly. I also think that if you managed to get into a bikini & feel happy (well done btw!!) then maybe you became a bit laid back thinking "so I reached that goal I don't need to try as hard anymore". That could be it without you realising it. Maybe write down why you need to get back on plan & what you want to achieve now & go from there.

LisaC said:
Oh yeah I have done this so many times since joining SW 3 years ago. When you fall off the wagon it's very difficult to get back into BUT I've always found if I throw myself into it, then wtihin 2/3 days I'm totally back on track & wishing I'd never strayed in the first place. You need the right mindframe for a start, you can try to get back into it but if you're not really willing to give 100% then you'll fall off again quickly. I also think that if you managed to get into a bikini & feel happy (well done btw!!) then maybe you became a bit laid back thinking "so I reached that goal I don't need to try as hard anymore". That could be it without you realising it. Maybe write down why you need to get back on plan & what you want to achieve now & go from there.

Thanks x

Me wearing a bikini was just a mini goal for me and I was made up but I have another stone to go to full target. I am bridesmaid in 2 weeks and again a month after so I really can't afford a week like this! I will write a plan! Thought up some nice recipes and food ideas and have given away my chocolate stash in my drawer in work! I willgo to the gym tonight and I will lose te 3lb next week!

X

Thanks x

Me wearing a bikini was just a mini goal for me and I was made up but I have another stone to go to full target. I am bridesmaid in 2 weeks and again a month after so I really can't afford a week like this! I will write a plan! Thought up some nice recipes and food ideas and have given away my chocolate stash in my drawer in work! I willgo to the gym tonight and I will lose te 3lb next week!

X

There's the determination!! :)

go try your bikini on again hunny, how does it make you feel? i am guessing you maybe someone who needs a reason tho lose weight. your holiday was a major influence and one that made you work hard. sometimes you just have to have a word with yourself because you should want to do it for you not for something or someone. does that make sense? your not in the zone to do it for yourself-chose the bridesmaid dress as your driver if that helps you get back on track. i also know that when you have had a few days of awful food you feel awful. its so hard to get it back but you will!

Oh I'm exactly the same, well have definitely been this week! Wi is on Wednesday and my obly on plan day has been Thursday! Really annoyed at myself as I am only 0.5lbs away from my first stone but there's no way that'll happen after all the choc, alcohol, crisps & other horrific stuff I chucked down my throat this week!

Must get back on track, must, must, must!

cottonbud said:
Oh I'm exactly the same, well have definitely been this week! Wi is on Wednesday and my obly on plan day has been Thursday! Really annoyed at myself as I am only 0.5lbs away from my first stone but there's no way that'll happen after all the choc, alcohol, crisps & other horrific stuff I chucked down my throat this week!

Must get back on track, must, must, must!

Right we have both had WI Today so together we shall get back on track?? You game?? Hope your WI went well? I stayed the same so I am being MEGA good this week to ensure it doesn't catch up with me too much! I think I got my motivation back today! X

dawnyre said:
i am exactly the same, especially if im due on! Infact yesterday, i ate everything for no reason, but my only advice is to just get back on track, keep a food diary, get back to basic's, measure your milk etc. Its easy to become complaceant and cocky after a good weight loss, you have done really well so far, it would be a real shame to slot back into old habits. Come on girl! Get your head out your arse and back in the game!!

My c said I was losing weight for my holiday and now that's gone I've gone a bit mad! Maybe she is right! Thanks hun I love your words ;-), x

odd_sock said:
I've recently been doing this to myself, although I would do it most evenings. I'd be on plan all day and then become a human hoover in the evening. I've been keeping a food diary on here and so far *touches wood* I've been back on plan for a week with no self sabotage x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done mrs x

Back