Do you spend more on SW?

We used to get take out 2-3 times a week.. At £10 minimum each time on top of our weekly shop.. I don't think it will be more if u shop sensibly.

We spend loads more - meat, fresh fruit & veg blah blah. But eating much healthier now so don't mind too much :) It's worth it, cos it's working! :)

I think it's very hard to tell because the prices in the shops have jumped up so much, so shopping is going to cost more than it used to whether you shop slimming world style or not. There are some great budget threads on here and quite a few articles on slimming world's website with ways to keep the costs down though.

I think it's very hard to tell because the prices in the shops have jumped up so much, so shopping is going to cost more than it used to whether you shop slimming world style or not. There are some great budget threads on here and quite a few articles on slimming world's website with ways to keep the costs down though.

Literally just got back from asda...my usual shop has gone from around £50 to £63 :cry: I actually bought less than I normally would as I often buy crisps and sweets for OH :( Oh well.

Hi there,

Just curious - do people find they spend more on their weekly food shop when they are doing SW? Junk food is supposedly cheaper than fresh produce, but do you find this, or is it balanced out by the lack of naughty extras in the basket?
I spend more than I did when having takeaways most nights.

I don't care how much I spend as although it sounds a cliché there's no limit to what I'd pay for my well-being.

Mainly fresh fruit and veg - 2-3 times per week, better cuts of meat, free range organic eggs, etc.

I also spend more on clothes than ever too;)

I think its realy possible to be far more expensive, but to be honest with you, we just dont have the money for it to be expensive so we buy the basics of everything. Asda value tuna chunks are about 50/55p a tin. Value beans & Tomatoes. Big bag of pasta for about 30p. I now buy frozen veg as its more economical & last weeks and get far more meals from it. salad is just salad but my fruit would be golden deliciouse rather than my fave red lady's becouse there far cheeper. I rarly buy mellons, love them but just can afford them every week. Bannanas are about £1.20 for a family pack from the big supermarkets.

If im fancying savoury rice I buy the shops own, or wait till theres an offer on. Most times I make my own

Forgot to add, if im wanting the alpen bars for my HexB, even when there on offer there 2 expensive. Aldi do there own, its the less than calorie range and there 2 for an Hexb the chocolate orange one is lovely. I cant remember how much they are, think there about £1.15 or something, so they work out cheeper & Theres 6 in a box. Only trouble with this is theres never any left when I want them in our house as OH snoffles em all

I spend more than I did when having takeaways most nights.

I don't care how much I spend as although it sounds a cliché there's no limit to what I'd pay for my well-being.

Mainly fresh fruit and veg - 2-3 times per week, better cuts of meat, free range organic eggs, etc.

I also spend more on clothes than ever too;)

Couldn't agree more!!

I don't think the food shop is anymore expensive, just that you have to do it more often cos fresh stuff doesn't last as long. I shop all over though, and pick up all the stuff on offer. I passed a fruit stall on the way to school last week and paid £1 for 12 satsumas, which was bloody marvellous, and taste sooo nice!!

It's all about the planning, I think? On the odd occasions I don't have anything for lunch, I run into Sainsburys on the way to work to grab something (usually fruit, WW meal etc) and that usually works out to £5! I couldn't afford to do that daily!!

I think there is an large intitial outlay as you need to cook thing from scratch usually involving lots of spices and different ingredients but I spend the same if not cheaper.

I batch make things so less food waste but healthy ingredients tend to be dearer.

Back