Do you tip your waiter/waitress?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by blue_grapefruit, 18 February 2008 Social URL.

?

Do you tip your waiter?

1. Never

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Only if they deserve it

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. Yes, no matter what

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Yes - 10% or more

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Yes - less than 10%

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

Hello,

just wanted a general overview to the question "do you tip your waiter/waitress"???

No massive reason, just wondering xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Delli

Delli Talks too much

only if theyre nice and deserve a tip but OH generally always tip. i make them work for it!

bwhahahaha!

4. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Tip them when they're only bringing a glass of ice cold water for me??!!!!

5. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

yeah!

6. Delli

Delli Talks too much

good point bev!

7. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st13lb(50.83%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDDGE DIET SS
    We have a couple of places near us that when you leave a tip the owners of the pub keeps the tips:eek:( found out last year knew one of waitresses ) .So I tend to ask the waitress/waiter if the tips get shared equal between all staff as I beleive the kid that cleaned my knife so well was as much responsible for my enjoyment as the waitress .xxx Wish we got tips in the chippy but no cafe so no tips :cry:

8. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    LOL I do yes!! When I was young .... (I'm beginning to sound like KD now!!) I always worked behind a bar in pubs and nightclubs as well as my day job (realised I didn't have to pay for my alcohol then!) and worked hard - so was always grateful for a tip or two.

9. Flab-u-less-Flower

Flab-u-less-Flower Silver Member

Yes, I tip 20%, if you were ever a waitress, you rely on the tips!

10. Mich

Mich Taking Back Control...!!!

We ALWAYS tip in Spain.... even if we have coffee... usually only 'shrapnel' then as dad calls it...lol:rolleyes:

If we go to say Nandos, Pizza Hut etc we don't but a 'proper restuarant' we tend to......

If I'm out with my girlfriends we do ..... we split the bill equally and round to nearest pound so whatever extra is the tip.... one of my friends partner owns a restuarant (posh fish place) and she is v big on us tipping

11. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    i think i follow the rule.. "if you have waiter/waitress service.. then you tip"..
    x x

12. Flab-u-less-Flower

Flab-u-less-Flower Silver Member

The exception to the rule here, is a buffet, since you help yourself you do not need to tip. But I still always do, because the server brings the beverages and napkins and the bill afterall...

13. rowanx2

rowanx2 Losing the baby fat

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    The Get into a Swimsuit Diet
    we're a funny lot cos i bet we have tipped even when it hasnt been deserved.

take valentines day as an example, i had to go through 3 knives to get a clean one in pizza hut, the waiter was bothering us every 2 minutes asking if we wanted a drink when we still had one, the meal was astronomically priced, yet we still left a tip!

when we went out to a restaurant they kept trying to make off with my bread roll TWICE and i had to say please will you just leave it - yet again we tipped!

we usually just make it up to the next £ or if say it was £28.50 we would take it up to £30, and no more cos afterall and i'm sorry, they are getting paid to do a job and most people dont get paid twice.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.