• Yes - 10% or more

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Yes - less than 10%

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

blue_grapefruit

Gold Member
Hello,

just wanted a general overview to the question "do you tip your waiter/waitress"???

No massive reason, just wondering xxx

yeah!

We have a couple of places near us that when you leave a tip the owners of the pub keeps the tips:eek:( found out last year knew one of waitresses ) .So I tend to ask the waitress/waiter if the tips get shared equal between all staff as I beleive the kid that cleaned my knife so well was as much responsible for my enjoyment as the waitress .xxx Wish we got tips in the chippy but no cafe so no tips :cry:

LOL I do yes!! When I was young .... (I'm beginning to sound like KD now!!) I always worked behind a bar in pubs and nightclubs as well as my day job (realised I didn't have to pay for my alcohol then!) and worked hard - so was always grateful for a tip or two.

Yes, I tip 20%, if you were ever a waitress, you rely on the tips!

We ALWAYS tip in Spain.... even if we have coffee... usually only 'shrapnel' then as dad calls it...lol:rolleyes:

If we go to say Nandos, Pizza Hut etc we don't but a 'proper restuarant' we tend to......

If I'm out with my girlfriends we do ..... we split the bill equally and round to nearest pound so whatever extra is the tip.... one of my friends partner owns a restuarant (posh fish place) and she is v big on us tipping

The exception to the rule here, is a buffet, since you help yourself you do not need to tip. But I still always do, because the server brings the beverages and napkins and the bill afterall...

we're a funny lot cos i bet we have tipped even when it hasnt been deserved.

take valentines day as an example, i had to go through 3 knives to get a clean one in pizza hut, the waiter was bothering us every 2 minutes asking if we wanted a drink when we still had one, the meal was astronomically priced, yet we still left a tip!

when we went out to a restaurant they kept trying to make off with my bread roll TWICE and i had to say please will you just leave it - yet again we tipped!

we usually just make it up to the next £ or if say it was £28.50 we would take it up to £30, and no more cos afterall and i'm sorry, they are getting paid to do a job and most people dont get paid twice.

Back