Do you weigh yourself between SW weigh ins

audfen

Hi everyone i was wondering does anyone else weigh at home during the week to see how they are doing a few days before offical SW weigh in. I do sometimes but im wondering is it a bad idea should i just wait till my official weekly weigh in. Thanks everyone x

Is it bad ...... Yes in the fact weight fluctuates so much which is why we have weekly wi. Do we all do it ....... Judging by most peoples diaries yes we all seem to have a sneaky peek but this can have a negative effect if we don't see what we expect and can lead to eating things you shouldn't which is what I usually do lol
It's up to you at the end of the day but if you can avoid it then do :)

yep even tho i have been good and i stand on the scales and im heavier than the day before i crack up lol.....i try not to do it so much. first thing in the morning i stand on it cause i do be at my lightest..that makes me happy for the day lol;)

I have wondered about this too. It is my first week this week and I think I will weigh myself the day of SW so I am prepared for what is to come!

Never, ever ... don't own a set of scales and actually don't weigh in at all.

Unless you are strong minded enough to completely ignore what the scales say and not let it affect your behaviour then it can be the worst form of self-sabotage. See a good result and you can subconsciously relax and be less than 100% on plan or I've seen some people treat themselves for a loss. See a bad result and it's tempting to just say sod it, might as well eat x, y and z if I've already put on.

All scales are different so what your scales say bears no relation to what the SW scales will say.

And your weight naturally goes up and down from day to day by as much as half a stone. So what you see on the scales every day isn't even an accurate reflection on how you are doing.

I'm afraid I do, almost everyday. I do try very hard not to take it seriously though, unless it is official weigh day. I know weight fluctuates for all sorts of reasons, but I've just got into the habit of hoping on the scales first thing in the morning as I get out the shower.

Hi everyone i was wondering does anyone else weigh at home during the week to see how they are doing a few days before offical SW weigh in. I do sometimes but im wondering is it a bad idea should i just wait till my official weekly weigh in. Thanks everyone x
It is actually ILLEGAL and against the T&C's of Slimming World on the website small print.

I also believe the earth is flat and the moon made of green cheese (reduced fat).;):p

i sabotaged myself over xmas doing this ^^illiegal activity. it showed a 2 and a half lb gain over xmas week which was fine....but then i proceeded to think to hell with it, its only 2 and half lb so i'll go stuff myself with kfc, kebab and chocolate before official weigh in....resulting in a 4lb gain that week. i haven't been on the damn things since, in fact ive removed the battery and put them away because they play mind games, and personally i can't be having my weight rule every single day of my life. i think scales are evillllll!!!!! :)

I also believe the earth is flat and the moon made of green cheese (reduced fat).;):p

Is it a HEXA? :D

I get weighed every day. I understand it doesn't work for lots of people but it definitely works for me. It keeps me on track to stick to the plan if its not moving much and it keeps me feeling positive about myself when it is moving. :) If I didnt get weighed frequently I think Id worry more that I might not be losing and not eat enough just-in-case.

Different strokes, different folks :)

I get weighed every day. I understand it doesn't work for lots of people but it definitely works for me. It keeps me on track to stick to the plan if its not moving much and it keeps me feeling positive about myself when it is moving. :) If I didnt get weighed frequently I think Id worry more that I might not be losing and not eat enough just-in-case.

I find weighing most days also has a positive effect on me - if its not moving i know I need to stick to plan and if it is I know it is working so want to stick to plan.

I do SW online so weigh at home anyway and I find the "sneaky peaks" give me a better overall indication of what the week has been like than justing weighing on one morning of the week. I also find it fascinating working out the little patterns of what foods seem to put the numbers up temporarilly and how my weight seems to remain the same monday to friday then drop on saturday morning and again on sunday morning.

The official advice is not the jump on the scales between weigh-ins, I guess its about knowing how it will affect you and making a sensible decision based on this.

I weigh at home a few times per week. My scales are roughly 0.5lb heavier than the SW scales and so it just gives me an idea of how things are going.

As others have said if I weigh and see a loss it motivates me to keep going, if I see a gain it motivates me to keep going! So it is definitely a positive thing for me.

I only update my stats here though with regard to my WI at SW.

Not all of it, come on Erm, you of all people should know this:p

I personally never used to, but I do jump on them most days now, I have to say it used affect my behaviour if I saw a gain as I would think I'm working so hard what's the point, but if you can turn the gain into motivation to keep staying on plan then for me it works to weigh between classes. Each to their own though! :)

The only reason I dont is because I love the surprise! - especially when I was losing every week and losing lots. Not such a surprise when I gain of course;)

I jump on a couple of times throughout the week although only note the WI on Tues morning... Can't help it... but I agree can work for or against depending on current mindset..

Back