Dobo - Diary of part time dieter !

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Dobo, 9 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Dobo

Dobo Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7.23%)
    Diet:
    CD (ex-WW)
    Well I'm back, almost a year to the day since I first joined Minimins. I've even used the same thread title because that sums me up ! I went back to WW on Monday, it was my first weigh in since the end of November and I was delighted to find that i've only gained 4.5lbs. It seems ridiculous to be pleased about gaining weight but I was so relieved that it was only 4.5lbs. I really did not deny myself anything over Christmas - food and drink wise. I am focusing on the fact that I am still a stone lighter than I was this time last year. Some of the regular WWs gang may remember that I lost fairly consistantly for the first half of last year and then pretty much maintained for the second half and rested on my laurels ! I am hoping that I can show the same dedication again at the start of the year and get another stone off before the summer. Let's hope 2008 is the year when we all reach or get somewhere close to our goals. Happy New Year everybody and good luck !

PS. Ticker is to show what I will do when I get to target - shop, shop, shop !!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Yey!! Dobo's back! ;)

Glad to see you back on form - still a stone down on last year is great news, as is that measly 4.5lb gain - well done you.

Looking forward to seeing you around on the forum - it's so nice to see some old faces (don't mean that to sound quite so offensive as it does, lol, I'm sure you know what I mean) as well as the newbies!

2008 is gonna be a good one for all of us - I just know it!! :)

4. Dobo

Dobo Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7.23%)
    Diet:
    CD (ex-WW)
    I hope so and as for "old", you've actually hit the nail on the head. I'm 40 next year and don't intend to be fat and forty ! My mum died 5 years ago when she was 67, she always struggled with her weight but when she was forty she joined WW and got to target (and they were very strict targets then). She felt brilliant and always said that was the happiest and most confident she'd ever been in her life. She was overweight when she got married and always said it was a big regret, I made sure I didn't make the same mistake and on my wedding day was a size 10 (size 12 by end of honeymoon - haha). She was a very wise women and I miss her terribly but I intend to follow her example and be a fab forty !

Day 3 and so far so good.

x

5. bexie1981

bexie1981 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.21%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'm sure she'd be very proud of you, well done hun x

6. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Aww, I'm so sorry about your mum, but I bet she'd be so proud to know that she'd inspired you to do this and that you wanted to follow in her footsteps - I know I would be if my little one ever wanted to follow in mine (not that I can see that happening, lol).

I'm sure you'll be a fab forty as planned! x

7. andi

andi Bye bye bellies!!!

Diet:
    JUDD
    Great to have you back missus. Im day 2 of the re-start and so far so good.

Ax

8. Jools

Jools Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi Hun ...

I too was pleased to have gained weight! Luckily in 5 weeks 3 1/2lbs gain and I honestly expected at least half a stone! LOL.

BUT tonight is my first weigh in of the year and I feel like a blob but we will see!

Good luck getting back on track! YOU WILL GET THERE!

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  10. Dobo

Dobo Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7.23%)
    Diet:
    CD (ex-WW)
    Good grief, this site is addictive !! I've been popping in and out occasionally over the last few weeks, but since I started my new thread this morning, I can't stay away ! Its great to see all the positive comments and words of support - thank you ! Have come on here now because I've no points left today and it was too dangerous staying within reach of the kitchen so I've head off upstairs !

11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ahhhh Minimins, its great, you replace one addiction with another ;)

Once were all slim & gorgeous we'll need to find another site to get us off our new problem lol

12. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Welcome Back Mate
    Im On Day 1 Of Restart So Were All In This Together Chickxx

13. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Haha, I totally agree with you about this place being addictive! I was addicted last year when I was following ww (and sticking to it) and then the attraction fizzled away when my diet slacked off...now I'm back on the diet and sticking to it, I'm back on Minimins and can't get myself off it! As soon as I log out I'm logging back on to see if there have been any new posts!! Lol!

Still, can't be bad can it - if we're typing then we're not eating ;)

14. Dobo

Dobo Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7.23%)
    Diet:
    CD (ex-WW)
    Not such a good day today. Meals all well within points BUT someone brought in some Thorntons toffee to work and left it open on the desk - need I say more !!! Disappointed that I wasn't strong enough to resist but didn't wreck the day completely by then eating loads of other rubbish. Have to say it was very yummy !!!

15. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

You will get there chick ,the main thing is we keep tryingxx

16. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I LOVE Thorntons toffee!!

Main thing is it hasnt put you off your stride :)

17. Dobo

Dobo Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7.23%)
    Diet:
    CD (ex-WW)
    Still some left !!! Other than Thorntons toffee, have only eaten satsumas today - going for damage limitation !!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Lol, damage limitation is good ;)

20. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

well done girl but satsumas:cry:

21. Dobo

Dobo Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7.23%)
    Diet:
    CD (ex-WW)
    Can't believe how busy site is. My diary was on page 3 !! Stayed same this week. I had three good days, 2 bad days and 2 ok days so guess they balanced themselves out. Will see what this week brings.

22. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

STS is a good result if you had a couple of bad days - so good on you. Full steam ahead for a good loss next then!?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.