Doctor, doctor with Anne Diamond

KD

Gone fishing
...talking about it being more than just dieting.

Anyone see it? Very interesting

Okay. Will try to run through it in short form

Blah blah
Anne: We live in a society which is telling us we must be thing and then force-feeding us junk food. It is a ridiculous contrast.
Blah blah
Anne: most people are very scared of going to the doctor and doctor will say go away and eat less. ..snip…it’s not nearly enough to be told to go away and learn how to eat healthily. It’s like saying to a smoker “go away and learn how to have one cigarette a day” or to an alcoholic “go away and drink less”
Doctors totally accept that you need a lot of support to stop smoking or drinking.
Most fat people would do anything not to be eating that packet of crisps.. It is an addiction, or food problem or an eating disorder of some problem and we need to show them more compassion.

Doctor talks about not wanting to take on too much responsibility themselves.

Anne: It would be a breakthrough if we can had a 50 – of the responsibility. Blame is not the right word. It is just accepting the responsibility.

Doctor: Do you think you are at risk?
Anne: Yes. I think obese people need a voice.

She talks about an obesity conference she went to in the states

Anne: A professional said that there might be a gene that predisposes you to put on weight.

She talks about being a survivor in cavemen days as she holds on to fat.

77% of African American women are overweight and it points more to the fact there is a genetic predisposition

More in a min………………………….

People phone in then Anne continues

Anne: It is the switch off mechanism that some people do not seem to have.

They talk about depression and obesity. People need treating holistically.

She talks about her website www.fat.happens.com

Another doctor talks about a food mood diary. Good idea....where have I heard about that before :D

I'm a member of 'Fat Happens'. It's 'OK' but seems to be frequented mainly by people who have had, or are considering, weight loss surgery - especially the lap band (same op as Anne Diamond herself).

At one time, I was considering the op myself. All I can say is THANK GOODNESS I found CD first and didn't go down that path ... from what I've witnessed on Fat Happens, it looks like a major trauma for not much of a result! It certainly isn't the magic bullet many people who've had the op thought it was going to be.

I'm making much better progress than the majority of 'bandsters' on there and I've found a LOT of them still struggle with their relationship with food.

Still - I suppose it's different strokes for different folks!

I'm a member of 'Fat Happens'. It's 'OK' but seems to be frequented mainly by people who have had, or are considering, weight loss surgery - especially the lap band (same op as Anne Diamond herself).

At one time, I was considering the op myself. All I can say is THANK GOODNESS I found CD first and didn't go down that path ... from what I've witnessed on Fat Happens, it looks like a major trauma for not much of a result! It certainly isn't the magic bullet many people who've had the op thought it was going to be.

I'm making much better progress than the majority of 'bandsters' on there and I've found a LOT of them still struggle with their relationship with food.

Still - I suppose it's different strokes for different folks!

Hi Debbie,

You are very lucky that found out about CD:D and that it worked so fantastic for you:D :D :D

I was showing my friend your photos today and she could not believe that your old photo and the one of you with your friend was the same person...she said you looked so young!!!

I'm blushing here mini! I'm really flattered that you showed my pics to your friend (I'll be shortly adding another one or two by the way).

Funnily enough, even though Steve loves me whatever my size, even he says 'You're getting younger' and I think he means not only in the way I look but my whole persona. Strange how shedding weight can do that to a person.

Tell your friend she's on my Christmas card list!! :D

Back