Doctor won't sign my form !!

Any cheaper Colly...Im such a Pauper :(

But how much do you spend on food per month? Most people on a healthy diet will spend around £100. You don't have to say on here, but work it out and be honest with yourself.

I thought Cambridge sounded expensive at first, but I used to easily spend £40 on alcohol and junk food for just the weekend. :eek:

totally!! i spend £5 in marks and spencer nearly every lunch time... eek!

Bloody Hell hun!! We spend about 15-20 pw on 2 of us ha ha minus the odd takeaway ;)

Feel abit bad for gatecrashing this thread :( sorry xx

i know, sorry to the op!!

and i know... but i don't smoke/drink/have any luxuries really, i just like a nice lunch while at work!! i'm gonna go sort my cd packs out tonight, no more markies lunch for me! x

You going for it then colly? xx

yeah i have some packs at home so gonna give it another bash and see how i get on xx

Good luck with it let me know how your getting on xx

i will do sweetheart. keep your fingers crossed for me,i've been down this road before...

everything crossed xx

I had this problem when i did cd b4 i fell pregnant. and my cdc said it didnt matter cause there were docs that worked for cd that would sign it for me....

my cdc said it didnt matter cause there were docs that worked for cd that would sign it for me....

That shouldn't have happened. It has to be signed by your own GP. Cambridge don't have doctors to do this as they don't have access to your records, so can't sign to say the details are correct, which is what the signature is for.

DO we need a sig from GP now before starting? When I did CD in 2008 before getting pregnant my councillor said I could try it for two weeks before sending the form off to my GP, but then she forgot so it never actually happened.

When I did CD last year, my CDC told me that, even though I was on Beta Blockers, it was ok and I wouldnt need a doctors signature. She said that she would send a letter to my GP telling him what I was doing (although he has no record of that happening). At the time, I was so worried about my weight that I went along with it - even though I knew it went against everything in the rules but, thinking back, it could have had serious repercussions on my health as the dosage could have been far to high while on CD. As Fat-Boy-Slimmin said, some counsellors appear to be putting profit before health - and thats bad new for CD's reputation and definitely for people's lives. xxx

Not good. But, remember the drs signature isn't to give permission for you to do the diet, and nor is it (really) for him to say whether it's safe for you to do. He signs to say the details are correct. And doing so, makes him (or her or whatever:D) aware that there might need to be some adjusting of the medication as you lose weight.

Whether the medication is suitable for what plan is agreed on, is up to Cambridge as they are the experts in the diet and how it may or may not contraindicated with the condition IYKWIM.

So, even if a dr signs, it doesn't mean you can do it. Even if the dr say YIPEE, FANTASTIC, PERFECT DIET for you, it doesn't mean that you automatically get it. As I say, it's up to Cambridge Medical. We have a list of medications which state what step can be used for what and if it isn't on the list, then we have to submit a query and until then (along with the drs signature stating that medication is correct and there are no other problems), nobody can go on any plan.

But the sig is the first step before we can do any more.

Trying to make this clear as there has been so much confusion about this, with folk thinking the dr has the last word and if he agrees then it's okay. It's not like that. Rightly so IMO, but I am only the messenger ;)

so wot happens if ur doc refuses to sign, does that mean u cannot do it? this based on a person who has a high bmi but no other nedial problems and not on any meds

My friend is a gp at my doctors,she is really warm,friendly and very popular with patients,but she told me she had refused to sign some patients consent forms for another vlc diet. Yet i am aware she has recommended patients for the band and bypass ops,which not only cost the nhs huge amounts of money,but are also a huge risk to health.
However after I had lost 4st 2 in 3 months and she saw the huge difference in my confidence and relationship with my husband I hoped I have persuaded her to be more open minded to vcl's,especially my beloved Cambridge.x

Back