GP won't sign my form

thinking~thin

:mad:
i am thoroughly peed off, my GP will not sign my form as they don't think it is a good diet to do!
have left a message for my councillor to see what i can do now:sigh:

does anyone know if there are any other options??

Your Councillor should have a list of other people (GP's or perhaps a Superdrug Nurse) who will do your forms and any future BP readings etc but for a charge.

My GP wouldnt do mine so I went to another GP at another Practice, I think it cost me about £40. I then had my monthly BP done at a local Superdrug who had a Nurse led Clinic in store, that cost £5 each time.

It makes me so mad that everthing is given to smokers to help them give up but obese people dont get much help at all.

My GP refused to sign too so I went to Superdrug, paid them £45 and got it done there :) as long as you're not on heart or blood pressure meds they can do it for you.

I hate GPs (when they aren't curing me of course ;-)

I didn't even bother trying to get my form signed by the GP. I went to Superdrug. Their price was £40 for me.
They have forms with both the LighterLife and Superdrug logos on them, so there is some sort of partnership going on there...

thanks everyone for your replies, i've spoken to my councillor and as you said she recommended going to superdrug, so i have an apppointment with them on Monday, it's made it alot more tricky, but i shall get there! i was expecting the GP to be iffy tbh as they were quite sniffy about it last time, but what they don't seem to realise is that i wasn't asking their permission to do it...it's not up to them...it's just a signature to corroborate my medical history i'm after, so i can and i will go elsewhere!! the daft thing is they have filled in my form with all the details, just not signed it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

so i have swapped my shift on Monday night, and my councillor is happy for me to start as long as i at least have the form in the process of being sorted as i have done the diet before and she was able to access my old details on the system apparently so it is looking like all systems go to start next Monday evening!!!:D

Glad you have got it sorted. I am sure you will do well - you can then pop back and show your GP what success you have had without his help!

Back