DOCTORS SIGNATURE

natayou

a bit different everyday
hi all, well this is the end of my 6th week and my cdc has said i need to get my doc to sign form to tell them im on vlcd, now i have no problem telling him, but fear he wont sign it or will ask me for lots of money to do so, do i HAVE to have it signed, i dont have any medical probs, if he wont sign it will i not be allowed to continue??
have appt tonight , how do i broach the subject??
cheers everyone
nat xxxxxx

Hi hun - I'm a bit confused about this tbh - have you just changed CDCs? Are you on a new medication? I don't understand why, if you needed to have your MRF signed, that she/he didn't get you to have it signed before you started?

Did you get a reason as to why now, after 6 weeks?

xxxx

hi is,
no i havent changed, and am on no medication at all??
so why do i need it signed ??????
tres strange, does everyone have to have one signed then or only if on meds?
thankslovely
nat x

I'm with Isobel on this - confused???!!!

Ask her why you need it signed??? And why not when you first started CD, if she had a reason to be concerned.

Not everyone has to have the MRF signed, hun - it depends on your circumstances - but I'm at a loss as to why you need it signed now if you didn't need it signed when you started, if nothing has changed!

Unless your CDC has just realised that she should have got you to get it signed beforehand, for some reason. I think you need to talk to her about it.

xxx

well i called 2 other girls that also use my cdc and he is getting everyone to get them signed, maybe just being over cautious? one of the girls is defo not bmi 40 i dont get it do they NEED them signed?
confuzzled nat [but still gonna get it signed tonite to avoid any probs]

Very confusing, if you need your doctors signature it should be done before you start or unless your medical health has changed. I would speak to your CDC and ask why hes changing CD policy:sigh:

hi all, well this is the end of my 6th week and my cdc has said i need to get my doc to sign form to tell them im on vlcd, now i have no problem telling him, but fear he wont sign it or will ask me for lots of money to do so, do i HAVE to have it signed, i dont have any medical probs, if he wont sign it will i not be allowed to continue??
have appt tonight , how do i broach the subject??
cheers everyone
nat xxxxxx

Hi,

I think a new ruling came in about 3 weeks ago, stating that it is a must now to have it signed, especially if a persons bmi is over 40.

Im sure a cdc will be around to answer your questions

bm2lm xx

I am a CDC and so are Bev and Linda.

The ruling about BMI 40 came in at the start of the year, as Linda pointed out, so we don't understand why this request has been made now, rather than when Nat first started the diet.

xx

Hi,

I think a new ruling came in about 3 weeks ago, stating that it is a must now to have it signed, especially if a persons bmi is over 40.

Im sure a cdc will be around to answer your questions

bm2lm xx

Not everyone needs to get their GP to sign the MRF, but certainly if you have a BMI of over 40, then, yes you do.

xx

Hiya Nat,

are you doing AAM week? Maybe if you've told your Counsellor you just wanted to S.S straight, thats why you would need to see a doctor as you cannot s.s on any vlcd without having a medical checkup every 4 weeks??

Just an idea, if you are doing AAM ignore me!! :p

Not everyone needs to get their GP to sign the MRF, but certainly if you have a BMI of over 40, then, yes you do.

xx

Hi,

My mum wanted to CD, and when I ask my CDC, she said that even though her BMi was under 40 she would still need the dr to sign, which confused me, but she insisted that it was a new ruleing by HQ.

Im realy confused now :confused:

bm2lm xx

It is recommended that BMI 30-39 see their GP as 30+ is clinically obese and that is a medical condition. However it is mandatory if BMI 40 or above.

Having said that if someone came to me with a BMI of 35+ and did not look well or was really breathless I would refer on to GP for medical check.

It is the CDC's call really if a patient presents and the CDC has any concerns it is always best to send to GP to make sure.

Linda

"New ruling from HQ"....???? I've certainly not heard of it!! :eek: Like Linda, Isobel & Bev have already said the BMI 40 ruling came into effect in Jan....

If you do find out any more info as to why your CDC is doing this, please let us know! ;)

i started back with my cdc last fri and i had to have a form signed as my bmi is over 40 doc signed no prob no fees either cdc stated came into force in jan

As a cdc i hadnt heard about this new ruling until yesterday when another local cdc said she had two ladies, both on low dose blood pressure tablets have their GP's refuse to sign their MRF saying a new law was passed 4 weeks ago preventing them from signing such things. She phoned Hq and we are waiting to hear back about this as we didnt know anything about it via Hq or otherwise. Will let you know when we get a response.

Lynjo.

well have had form signed, no probs, doc had never even heard of vlcd, he did my blood pressure and all so i am all fine, so i called my cdc and it appears he 'forgot to give me the form to sign' it was the same form i filled in when i started.
he did say its coz i am bmi 40+, but said he had no concerns about me as i look so well????
anyway, its signed, so that should please him now!!
thanks everyone for your thoughts
nat xx

Back