Dodgey Argos Scales.. Help!!

xSinead

Silver Member
Ok, so as you know my official weigh ins are on friday mornings.
Got weighed last friday and my CDC's scaled showed 16stone 2lb.
Over the weekend i bought some very very cheap electric scales from Argos, just basic scales. Weighed myself on Sunday on them and they showed up as 16 stone 6lb!!!!! Which is a huge wopping 4lb difference!! So i ignored it and just put it down to being cheap dodgey scales (as i didnt eat a thing so couldnt possibly of put on 4lb haha)

Weighed myself this morning on them and they're now saying 16 stone 2lb, which was the same as my CDC's last friday.
Soooo, do you think this means i've lost 4lb? Or stayed the same? Its so hard to tell isn't it haha!!

Roll on friday morning!!

I weighed myself on the mechanical scales at the gym last week and they weigh me about 8lb lighter than my CDC!!

I also weighted myself at the gym the day before I started CD and they weighed me 17st 7lb, when I went to get weighed by my CDC she weighed me in at 18st 1lb!

I'm not really sure which ones are right but I just go along with my CDC for now...would be nice if I were 8lb lighter than she makes me though!!!

Stick with your CDC scales, your CDC holds your weight records so those are the numbers you should go by.

All scales are different, your CDC should be calibrating their scales every year so they are giving you a true reading.

Scales that are on a hard floor, say laminate will read different when you put them on carpet.

Just stick with your CDC numbers

Lol i'd never put my scales on Carpet, always on hard kitchen/bathroom floor.

I'm going to go by my scales during the week once i know what i am officially on Friday morning, and i'll work the weight loss out from whatever each scales show.

Take them back!! Who needs to be told they're actually heavier by a set of cheap scales! How very rude!!!

Week 1, -7lb | Week 2, - 2lb (different scales, new CDC) | Week 3, -4lb

I do have scales at home and at 1st they were very erratic but now they weigh me at more or less the same as my CDC. I do use hers for my official weight and also BOOTS the chemist scales weigh me the same as CDC so if she is away I often use them plus they were the scales I took my start weight from.
I guess its true what people say we should try to avoid weighing in on non CD scales at it can cause extra stress etc at the end of the day its not a number we need to tell us but our clothes will show the results and those results cant be wrong x

Returnbthem chic

i heard this alot about argos scales saying diff weights all the time its on the reviews of them on argos website too! i think im going to ask my cdc what brand heres are and buy the same if there not too expensive hopefully this will solve the problem i dont think any 2 scales can be the same for some silly reason. althought my cdc says dont buy any scales as its bad to keep weighing myself lmao

This is such an old post now haha!
I'm in the 14's now & my argos scales now match the same as my CDC's :D x

dont mind me im just posting left, right and centre to get my limitations taken off my account haha :D xx

Back