Dodgy weekend...

BrittW

Timelord
So,
It was a friends birthday last night and we went to La Tasca. Tried to be really good, had veg paella, roasted veg, potatoes etc but ended up having a few vodka and oranges and a chicken shish with pitta on the way home.
We stayed over at a friends and so far today I've had 4 slices of wholemeal toast with butter, peanut butter and marmite, a slice of bread with French cheese, a pasta n sauce packet made with butter and cheese... :-/
I know what I've got to do, so why am I messing up in my 2nd week?!?!
ARGH.

Ive done this in the past where ive tried to be as planned as possible when having a meal out, then i usually give in to temptation and fall off the wagon :( This then usually carries onto the next day as i know i fell off the wagon the night before.

I would say draw a line under today, forget about what you've eaten and concentrate on a fresh new day tomorrow. You dont want your dodgy weekend turning into a dodgy week.

Well done on loosing 7lbs, thats really good so far - you can do it.

Good luck.

:)

I have done exactly the same this weekend, but you know what, I have been so good all week (and it has been a huge change so far) that i thought you know what, I can have chocolate and have chips with my meal.

I cant talk from experience but I am sure if you start the slate afresh tomorrow and be very good it will balence things out.

Good luck and well done for loosing 7lb aldready

J x

If you look at all the things individually, none of them are that bad. Tapas is relatively healthy, vodka is low-syn, orange juice isn't horrendous, a chicken shish is pretty much just chicken and vegetables, and wholemeal toast is just extra healthy extra's. Whilst you might have had more than you intended and gone over your syns, nothing that you've eaten is actually junk food, so you've clearly kept some control over the weekend (hangovers are the time when I fall face first into a family sized sack of crisps just for a starter!).

Count the syns up and treat it as a flexi-syn day (or 2). As if you'd planned it in advance that's what it would've been, so no reason the 'getting back on plan' should be any different. Also, if some of the syn values of things aren't too bad, you'll know what'll be the best thing to choose next time!

I have had a bad second week as well! I am glad I am not the only one that had 1 to many vodkas :p

Just weighed myself at home and have put on 2 pounds! Got 3 days to shift it off before main weigh in.

You are allowed a night out sometimes to enjoy yourself. And as long as you are extra good (which I am trying to be) I am sure you will be fine at weigh in :)

Back