Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Does a Stone make a big difference?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by razzledazzle, 3 November 2009 Social URL.

1. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya

I have 3 stone to lose and so far have been losing and gaining the same 3lb over and over (totally my own fault, I haven't been sticking to plan because I've been about as organised as the most disorganised person alive) but have decided that enough is enough and I need to get cracking.

I'd love to lose a stone by Christmas .... thing is, will it really make a difference? Will I be pushing myself hard to lose a stone only to look in the mirror and go - nope, can't tell!??

Cheers, J x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. elizabeth

elizabeth Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(53.93%)
    Diet:
    No diet, just healthy eating
    Oh goodness, that totally depends on indivdual body shape/how much you have to lose etc. You'll get a wide variety between different people.

What I can say though is that you will feel a difference, with a stone gone. :)

4. evethewitch

evethewitch Silver Member

i would say yes it makes a big dif and makes u feel good

5. suplizi

suplizi I see the light!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(35.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/maintaining
    Heya

Like the previous poster said, it really does depend on the individual body shapes etc.

I have just lost my first stone, and for me its made a great deal of difference, I have dropped a clothes size and people have just started noticing too, which is a great confidence boost, which makes you stand taller and appear more confident! I feel much better, not that I would outwardly admit to my close friends and family I was struggling with certain things physically, and now what I struggled with are becoming much easier.

So to me yes loosing a stone makes alot of difference!

wishing you all the best

Helen xxx

6. LisaC

LisaC Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I agree as above, its totally different with each person. Some find that when they lose a stone they drop a dress size. Ive lost 1 & a half now & am in between the size I was when I started & the next one down.

My first 9lbs I lost went straight from my waist & face & so in that way I could notice. One piece of advice would be to measure yourself now & again when you've lost more. You may notice more in measurements, sometimes we look at ourselves & can't see any difference whatsoever so its good to get the tape measure out!

7. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with Lisa - measure yourself and you'll see the difference. It's hard to notice weight loss on yourself, when you see yourself every day! Take your measurements - a stone is usually a dress size, depending on how you carry your weight. Also, take a photo for comparison purposes. And as a stone is a third of what you'd like to lose, I would say you'll certainly notice the difference...not to mention being that much closer to your target!

8. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks everyone that's really spurred me on!

I know I have it to lose anyway but it sounds like giving myself that extra push to get the first stone off before Christmas will be worth it! J x

9. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Starting again!!

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(11.13%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    After WI tonight I should be (I hope!) just short of my first stone & I feel great! Trousers are a looser, confidence is growing & it spurs me on to keep 100% at SW!

10. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Overall, from the beginning I needed to lose 3 and a half stone. The first stone I lost neither I nor anyone else could notice. But now 2st 8lb lighter, that last stone would make a huge difference.

11. scouzer

scouzer Want to do it this time!!

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(16.05%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Tbh, I've only lost 11 pounds on SW and everyone can notic it except me!! I look in the mirror and I repeatedly say "nope, can't see a change", but I feel better and that's not a placebo effect.
    Good luck hun.

Scouzer. X

12. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    As others have said, it will all depend on your body. Looking at your weight, I think it'll be noticable though.

And it's not just about looks - it's about how you feel too. A stone isa big milestone and you'll feel great for getting there regardless how you look. xxx

13. elizabeth

elizabeth Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(53.93%)
    Diet:
    No diet, just healthy eating
    Yep, it feels great to achieve that, regardless of whether you can see a physical difference yet or not. It's such a psychological boost just knowing you're doing something constructive about your weight.

14. Divster

Divster Banned

You would soon feel it if you put on 1 stone, so losing just 1 stone is going feel good. :)

15. sarahm85

sarahm85 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.5lb(18.57%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    I too have 3 stone to lose, I have finally lost my first stone this week and I can totally tell the difference. I've gone down a dress size and lots of people have noticed my loss and said I look nice :D
    It's been a boost and I keep thinking that I'm 2 thirds away from target!

16. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Yes, a stone makes a big difference.
    I have lost 17 pounds now, and when it was a stone, I was down a dress size. It's only 3 pounds more but I am seeing even more of a change!
    The trousers I could wear before rejoining SW, were way too tight. Now they hang so won't be able to wear them for much longer.
    I can also get back into trousers, comfortably, that I could barely get over my hips let alone do up the zip.

So, good luck, you can do it!

17. paperclip

paperclip Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    Absolutely! I only had a stone and a half to lose - after I'd lost just short of a stone, trousers weren't fitting properly and I was definitely starting to 'feel' slimmer.

I didn't find that many people noticed - but later I realised it's just because most of them see me daily/every couple of days - it wasn't until I saw a friend who hadn't seen me for months looked gobsmacked that I realised it was noticeable after all!

Keep going at it!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.