Does alcohol count if its cooked off!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Plan Recipes' started by Gracienoods, 23 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Gracienoods

Gracienoods Full Member

Does anyone know how to point any meal with wine or any alcohol cooked off in it? My family loves beef bourginon which is a stew with like a bottle of wine :( just wondering so I know ;)

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. LauraLoo

LauraLoo Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    How odd, I was thinking about this exact thing yesterday but hadn't got round to posting. I don't know the answer yet but think I will ask at my class on Saturday or maybe email WW. I'll post again when/if I find out what they say. x
  4. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    I remember Simon Rimmer saying on Saturday Kitchen that the alcohol in wine when it is cooked really doesn't burn off that much unless it is cooked for a long time. I know beef bourginon would be cooked for a long time but if it had a lid on it would the alcohol not go anywhere?
  5. Gracienoods

Gracienoods Full Member

Well I always thought ya burnt the alcohol off, cause you use a match to flame it then cook! But I really have no idea :( could you imagine it's like 19pp for a bottle of wine then adding on your meat, tomato purée and then rice or potatoes :( think I'd die! It's not even mad filling it'd just be the wine adding to it :(
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.