Does any one know how much time to allow for checking in?

Hi guys!
Yes I am definately going to add at least an extra hour onto the checking in time! thanks you both far all the info!
Have a great day!

Oh damn!
I'm on an 8.30 Gatwick flight on 7th Oct so that means I have to be there by 5.30 am! 4am get up - Nice!

Thanks for all the info though folks!

Love xxx

Hello

I've just got back from Gatwick tonight and I don't think there's really any need for much extra time. We checked Auntie in 1 1/2 hours before her flight (later than planned cos of awful road works in E grinstead) We sat and had a coffee before heading to departures and although it did take a bit longer than usual to get through it wasn't excessive, maybe 10 mins including queuing to clear security.

Hand luggage is allowed, the only restrictions were no liquids of any kind, no toiletries or cosmetics (not even a lippy!), no lighters. Everybody seemed to be removing their shoes which were put through the x ray. Be careful Tracey, I know how you love shoes; restrain yourself and only claim your own shoes at the other end!!!!

Hope that helps.

My mum flew from Manchester on Saturday and when she checked in she said that the check in wasn't bad although the guy checking them in said that he was having a nightmare if a day. She said that the passport & security screening was the hold up and that was were they encountered the queues. I would at least add an hour on if I was you.

When Mum & Dad got to Turkey they had no suitcases:eek: . Due to no hand luggage they didnt even have a tooth brush, spare knickers or anything(girls worst nightmare). The guy from the check in had put Dalaman airport on the boarding pass & Bodrum on the luggage labels which was a totally different flight. As mum has said, there was therefore 2 suitcases travelling on there own on a flight with no owners (good security)!!!!!!!! They had to wait 24 hrs for their suitcases which meant no beach for the first day.:mad:

Mum not a small size so cannot just go anywhere to get fixed up with a new cossie and things

Back