Does anybody else feel...

:bighug: Stick to your guns and imagine how good you'll feel when you reach target, my favourite quote from someone's sig is something along the lines of "A year from now you'll wish you started today"...that will be everyone else in your household while you're running around looking all foxy :D x

Hi Laura_jane, mums can be difficult.

Mine has been on and off diets all her life and always has a comment about my weight. The last time I lost a lot of weight she told me she didn't want me to get thinner than her!

I think your mum fell off the waggon but couldn't admit it so tried to make herself feel better by getting you to join her. I'm glad you're sticking to your guns but she might be feeling like crap inside so be determined but try and be considerate too.

Good Luck on your journey!
be determined and stick to your ideals, find recipes you like and have them even if your mother tries to feed you "rubbish", there are enough recipes to replace most foods and I even did a SW Christmas for our family! Pete

Sorry to ressurect this thread again! But i thought i'd add that i think i've had a bit of a breakthrough with the mother! Shes finally decided to go for it on sw with me :) even if it only lasts a few weeks or so, itll make the next few weeks easier for me so thats a positive! Thanks for all the advice/ support from before guys xx

Like everybody else in the world is trying to jeopardise your weight loss?!

What's started off this rant is my mother this evening. She is also supposed to be doing sw with me (i live at home and the idea is that we support each other) as she also wants to lose around 2.5 stone, but she won't commit to the diet and it's starting to really get me down :(

She's come home and bought a massive chocolate cake, profiteroles, (my fav) loads of choccy goodies and a really fatty chinese takeaway for tea. Then we had a big row where she said, 'we'll never stick to a diet if we can't have a treat now and then!' i do agree to a certain level but it's only been a week since we started the diet!! I've pretty much been 100% all week but her doing things like this will eventually make me think 'sod it' and it'll all go wrong :( a treat to me is a cadbury creme egg after a hard week!

Apart from all the great support i get on here i do feel like i need someone to keep me on track, especially as we also live with my dad, brother and boyfriend who are really big eaters but also need to shift a few pounds!

Anyone else in or have been in a similar situation?? I've got rubbish will power usually but i've been so determined and focused all week :(

I'm all for treats, but you're right - one week in is a bit soon for all that!

I am a bit undecided re doing the plan with others - as much as it's great to have the support, sometimes it's best just to get on with it yourself.

My family are really good now and even on birthdays etc I tell them not to get me choccies or cakes but it wasnt always that way - I have arrived home to takeaways many a time and had to resist.

Is your Mum as serious as you are about following the plan? If not, then I would explain nicely to her how much it means to you to lose weight and stick to your guns. Once she sees you doing well then she will probably start to behave x

Sorry to ressurect this thread again! But i thought i'd add that i think i've had a bit of a breakthrough with the mother! Shes finally decided to go for it on sw with me :) even if it only lasts a few weeks or so, itll make the next few weeks easier for me so thats a positive! Thanks for all the advice/ support from before guys xx

That's great news! I hope your commitment will rub off on your mum.

Good luck to you both.

My mother-in-law is like that - she always 'forgets' people are on diets and buys in huge gateaux, fatty takeaways, massive fatty ready meals etc, then goes on that 'you won't stick to it if you can't relax a bit' or 'you deserve a treat'. I think she likes to ruin people's diets so that she can tell herself 'well, I haven't failed, NOBODY can stick to a diet'.

Thats good if you get your mums support for a few weeks at least. Once you are a few weeks down the line and you have seen some good losses then you are less likely to cave in yourself.

You can still have treats without going off plan, but they have to be managed. My favourite is chicken in black bean sauce with boiled rice from the chinese. Only 5.5 syns, I usually share one portion with my OH and we have a portion of rice each so its even less syns :D

Back