Does anybody else...?

stmcalee01

Hi all,

I have been looking back at my weigh in record and have noticed that I seem to go in cycles.

I am really motivated and 100% for about 7 weeks and lose a lot of weight. Then I am off plan or just playing at it for a 3/4 weeks and gain the odd pound. Then I give myself a kick up the bum and am 100% again.

At present I am in the last stages of the just playing at it phase and have gained 1lb. I can feel myself getting fed up and that tends to be when I give myself a good shake and get back on it.

I don't know why I do this but I think I always have. In the past I would have given up but I have stuck with SW since March because I know it works.

I am considering joining a british military fitness type class and giving my body a shock! I think that I will give it a try next week and also use this as my fresh start. Back to writing it all down and being 100% on plan.

Does anybody else do this?

When I lost 2.5 stone a couple of years ago, I was exactly like that - lose well, feel motivated, have another good week, feel motivated etc. Then all of a sudden I would go off plan and it would take a few weeks to get back into it. Then I would suddenly go for it again and have a good 3 or 4 lb loss which took me back to the first cycle.

Sadly, all Ive done for ages now is the playing about bit and getting more and more depressed! I havent officially rejoined today but in my head I have as I ditched the scales today and it feels like a momentous starting again day like no other!

Good luck in getting to Target, as long as you get there it doesnt matter if you take the scenic route every now and then :) xx

Me!! I seem to have no willpower. I will get fed up like you, get annoyed and depressed which makes me eat more then when my head is sorted i go back on plan, do well for 6 weeks then fall off again, its like one binge leads to another & it becomes habit to eat crisps and chocolate etc whenever i feel like it. This time i am going to excerise to my workout dvd which i did years ago whilst loosely doing ww so am hoping the toning up part will help me to stay out the rut or at least counterreact some of the bad food i end up eating...good luck but your not alone!!

I think whats more important is that you recognise you dont enjoy the four weeks off youre not 100% and get back onto it all the time. We cant be 100% perfect all the time, but at least if we are giving it our all most of the time then we will get there.

ohh yes i will hold my hand up to this, i tend to get to the stone mark and start going off plan.... i gained a pound the week before last so kicked my self up the but and went on to lose 4 1/2 : D

Back