Does anyone do atkins without keeping an eye on calories?

Personally..I've never counted calories on Atkins...I think that's one of the joys...only count carbs..much easier.
M
x

i can eat a good 800 calories for breakfast, so counting is not for me thats why i ditched mfp, a good old fashion pen and paper to jot down my carbs and im sorted :)

I didn't used to count but I do now. I believe 100% there is no metabolic advantage and it's ok for bigger people not to count to begin with because they are burning so many calories. However the losses soon slow in my experience as your calorie need lowers and you still eat the same amount.

I don't count calories at all now. I did, but I stopped. I don't count anything, actually, I pretty much know what I'm doing (and when I'm cheating!). I've even stopped obsessing about the scale- official weigh-ins are whenever I think I've lost something, and I do a tape-measure thing when I remember.

It's very freeing, I have to say. Especially since I really do eat a high fat diet. If I knew how much I was ingesting I'd probably be horrified, but it works. At the moment it's working to burn off the sugary stuff I ate with my mum last week...:rolleyes: I'm just about back down to what my stats say. D'oh!

I definitely eat much less than I did on sw and I didn't calorie count there either. In fact I find that as little food as half a chicken breast and a nibble of cheese is enough for lunch so I don't worry about calories I might consume since I know I'm eating less and I'm full. Yay.

Atkins and paleo studies I've read show that people tend to eat less when in ketosis so average calories come out at an even equivalent to a calorie controlled diet, just without the feeling deprived!

And we get to eat cheese! Yay!

And mayo! Dont foget the mayo! lol! :D

Ooh yes. I forgot the mayo to dunk the chicken in.!

Back