Does anyone else calorie count

One other thing to point out is that there is no "credit" for exercise. SW is designed to work whether you exercise or not. So YAY! Great if you do, but there is no actual benefit in terms of "allowances" on the plan for doing so.

And, yes, your tomatoes, mushrooms etc count towards your superfree, and your side salads most definitely count, as does speed soup.

The thing which people neglect to take into account here is that everything is VERY low fat. So even if you do eat 2000 + calories, very little of that is fat, so when your body wants to use up energy, it calls upon it's existing fat stores because it isn't getting very much from your diet. What you are eating, much of it will be effectively calorie negative or neutral, in that it takes as much energy to chew, digest and process it - as it contains. So yes, you might be taking in that many calories but you are working a bit harder to digest them and you are using up your own fat reserves in order to do so.

ALL of this stuff has been worked out by Slimming World when they devised the plan - which is why we are told we don't need to calorie count. They have done all that bit for us. As long as you eat until satisfied, and not until you can't move for several hours after eating, and follow the plan exactly as it is set out - then just trust it.

hey, side salad is fine :) thats what i do with most of mine i also just chuck in as many veg as i can! also put the superfree on ur plate 1st, then u dont have as much room to load with other things, and also eat ur superfree 1st then u r usually too full to eat much of anything else :) these obviously are not SW rules, just some tips from me :) i actually have no idea how many calories i have, and i dont want to know either lol but i would just go with the plan :)

I can only really repeat what others have said on this thread. Just trust the plan! I have been doing it for four weeks and it has worked for me, even though I couldnt believe how much I was eating. Like everyone else has said, try and get LOADS of superfree on your plate. I eat my superfree first, so if I have a massive plate of sunday dinner, I eat all the veggies first, then I am often too full for the higher calorie density potatos and meat :) I dont know if this is relevant for you, but I stopped eating bananas when I was on WW a year or two ago, when I realised that despite being free, they are 120 calories each!! I could go through about six bananas a day, which is the same amout of cals as my dinner!!

Just a couple of thoughts :)

hey, side salad is fine :) thats what i do with most of mine i also just chuck in as many veg as i can! also put the superfree on ur plate 1st, then u dont have as much room to load with other things, and also eat ur superfree 1st then u r usually too full to eat much of anything else :) these obviously are not SW rules, just some tips from me :) i actually have no idea how many calories i have, and i dont want to know either lol but i would just go with the plan :)

sorry loolahoop! I was typing the same thing as you at the same time! Great minds think alike!

sorry loolahoop! I was typing the same thing as you at the same time! Great minds think alike!

lol thats ok, just means i cant be far wrong!! :) haha

but I stopped eating bananas when I was on WW a year or two ago, when I realised that despite being free, they are 120 calories each!! I could go through about six bananas a day, which is the same amout of cals as my dinner!!

Just a couple of thoughts :)

seriously?!?!?! 120 cals in a banana!? OMG! i didnt know that!! wow! lol im suprised they not on the "free" rather than superfree list!

Well apart from breakfast on the second day all the meals had 1/3 super free (eg tomato and mushroom in the pasta, fruit as dessert). I suppose what I'm asking is, does anyone eat as many calories as this and still lose weight?

Unfortunately, fruit as dessert doesn't count towards your 1/3rd superfree. The idea is that the 1/3rd superfree on your plate cuts down on the quantity of free food you're eating, thus reducing your calories.

I think your weight loss will depend on what weight you are, to be honest! If your BMI is 35, for example, you will definitely lose on this; if it's 25, you'll lose, but much more slowly.

Either way, the plan works :)

The problem is I know how it's supposed to work- by reducing your calorie intake by filling you up on free foods- but I just don't see that happening. Has anyone else counted calories while on sw?

I was absolutely mortified when i found out! i figure I would rather eat a kitkat than a banana for the calorie content!! If you are only having one or two a day i suppose it doesnt matter too much, but if you eat six a day, its a lot of calories!

I lost a pound but that's all, I was hoping for better after hearing some of the stories! I lost 5 pounds in the previous 5 weeks on slim fast- pretty slow but I've been going to the gym 3-4 times a week so hope that's because I'm gaining muscle mass ..
Btw I have an old sw book with a green heart on the cover and it says 42g alpen for a hexb. Is that right out of date then?

Your poor body has been subjected to milkshakes for the past month, its gonna need a little time to adjust to eating properly again, also where as you won't be gaining muscle mass from the exercise you might be gaining water weight from muscle repair, however this will even out within a couple of weeks, but don't loose heart, have faith in the plan and make sure you always have your third SuperFree.
Also you have an older book, the new one has an orange cover, I suggest going to a group to get the new materials and the new starters talk, it won't cost you very much and also you can listen to some of the invaluable advice they give in image therapy :)

Kim_bee said:
I was absolutely mortified when i found out! i figure I would rather eat a kitkat than a banana for the calorie content!! If you are only having one or two a day i suppose it doesnt matter too much, but if you eat six a day, its a lot of calories!

A banana is packed full of NATURAL unprocessed sugars and nutrients vs a kitkats heavily refined sugars and fats. Go for the banana!!!

jezzi999 said:
Do many people eat 6 bananas a day? Genuine question...

I COULD eat six..... I'd regret it.....but I could get those beauties down me!!! I eat two most days :) one with brekky and one in a yoghurt later on!! Banananananananaaaaaas are natured superfood!! They are awesome.

Yeah think I will probably join a group. Btw how much Jordan's muesli am I allowed as a hexb anyone? My book says 28g plus a Ryvita cracker bread... But I don't want a cracker bread I'd prefer more muesli...

Slimming World - one method of dieting

Calorie Counting - another method of dieting

Do one or the other.

*justsaying*

Apart from the superfree with meals, I would say have 1/3 superfree with snacks too, so of you have a yogurt top in some strawbs or plums or whatever.
I'm not a sweet snacker and not keen on raw veg do I make SW chips with carrots, green beans, celeriac and sometimes if I'm very peckish I'll add a potato!

I now prefer veggie curry over chicken,
A dippy egg with carrot chips is lovely!

A banana is packed full of NATURAL unprocessed sugars and nutrients vs a kitkats heavily refined sugars and fats. Go for the banana!!!

I COULD eat six..... I'd regret it.....but I could get those beauties down me!!! I eat two most days :) one with brekky and one in a yoghurt later on!! Banananananananaaaaaas are natured superfood!! They are awesome.

I could eat six :( hence why now i dont buy them, as a bunch tends to be eaten as soon as it arrives in the house! Yum yum yum yum yum!

Back