Does anyone else suffer from insomnia on this diet?

5sttogo

I am just not sleeping for any more that 4 hours at a time! I feel like im going mad!

Is anyone else had this how do you deal with it?

Sam x

Yep, that's the dopamine effect. Carbs supply you with dopamine which improve your seratonin levels. This leaves you feeling all warm and cozy.....and sleepy (remember those mid afternoon naps you used to need?) Carbs are a known anti-depressant which is why they are so addictive. Your lack of sleep is just your body's way of telling you that you don't feel quite right. But it does pass and you quickly begin to sleep better. However it may also be worth pointing out that at this time of the year yoiur vitamin D levels are dropping like a stone and they are responsible (in part) for your body clock. Try using a light box or taking a Vitamin D supplement. Apparantly 90% of us have less vitamin D than we need at this time of the year. it can also lead to carb cravings and depression.

Thank you that's so useful i will get some vit D to hopefully help this is a 12 week journey full stop for me so i can put up with it but its hard at the moment! ;)

my sleep patterns are erratic too (i put it down to shift work & the weight before) but i find on the nights that i do get a "good" nights sleep my losses are better when i wake :)

Hi 5sttogo - How did you sleep last night? I know how you feel. This is my 8th day and I am exhausted - I am not sleeping either - last night was a bit better but mainly cos I was SO shattered and I'd been to my exercise class and had to work late too.

How are you coping? I can barely stay awake today!!! :sigh:

X

No sleep at all!! still awake from last night so i am too totally tired to top it off my hubby is ill and my 3yr old is hyper lol :)

I find I'm exhausted come 7.30 pm but just can't nod off till 2am but then up at 8am feeling bright as a button. after a week it's starting to catch up with me! lol

Hope you get some much needed rest!

Its horrid but its 12 weeks of my life so as far as i am concerned i can live with it 2 weeks down tomorrow 10 to go!! xx

I was even worse when I was on exante! I'd go 5 days with no sleep what soever and I would be stumbling around muttering to my self and feeling dizzy and sick.

It's been a bit easier this time.

I was like it at first, then I found training really helped. Was completely spent, which helped me get a good nights sleep

Really simple things
Hot milk
Night time tea
Supplements
Hot bath

It shouldn't persist guys, hope you can get some rest soon

Xxx

I was like it at first, then I found training really helped. Was completely spent, which helped me get a good nights sleep

Really simple things
Hot milk
Night time tea
Supplements
Hot bath

It shouldn't persist guys, hope you can get some rest soon

Xxx

Defiantly agree to these! a good bedtime routine even with me being 24 really helps!

Aww thats good hun! Some sleep is better than none!

I just cant nod off tonight, so listening to the rain in the dark! Haha!

Glas you managed to grab 40 winks

Hope you managed to get to sleep in the end iam lying in bed again but will prob be up in an hour with my son watching kids telly!

nope still awake lovely. just can't nod off! it's madness!

I'm sure you can chill while having cuddles with your little man (until he starts wanting breakfast ;))

Poor you not easy is it! Only twelve weeks of hell for big gains not a lot of time in the grand scheme of things. I took photos today so i can compare when i get to the end going to do it each week to keep me going. I weigh in tomorrow im proper excited my second s and s weigh in. My losses are not as impressive as some as i have a cheat meal every friday night but tbh i could not do the diet without it!

Poor you not easy is it! Only twelve weeks of hell for big gains not a lot of time in the grand scheme of things. I took photos today so i can compare when i get to the end going to do it each week to keep me going. I weigh in tomorrow im proper excited my second s and s weigh in. My losses are not as impressive as some as i have a cheat meal every friday night but tbh i could not do the diet without it!

No it isn't easy, but I'm lucky that I'm signed off work so I can sleep/go without sleep whenever I need to. I did ww for 7 weeks before and have my day 1 and day 28 pics, since then I went away and lost weight but when I got back didn't take my pics and changed to S&S and due to being in hospital and the infected water retntion I have I've put back on 6lb, it isn't even a *true gain* if you get my drift, it's all water that is caused by an illness. I really need to do a pic after a couple weeks on S&S. I don't have my first weigh in till next sunday, but yesterday (tues) I had already lost 4 lb in 2 days so excited to see the results at the real weigh in.

Slow and steady wins the race, I know it's hard not to compare but try not to lovely, we all lose at different rates. Good luck for weigh in today! hope you get a stinker! Do you find that you don't seem to lose weight aswell when you don't sleep compared to when you get sleep? I tend to find that I seem to lose my weight while I sleep and that if I haven't slept well that it affects my weight loss.

If you have a cheat night and that works for you then go for it! Sometimes I think we have to do what makes it seem manageable, I have my own little tweak as from now on I won't be only having egg or chicken for when I do 3packs + meal but I'm going to add super lean beef and pork to my list of allowable protein and chicken and green beans or egg and mushrooms is getting boring already! lol

6lb off this week! 11lbs in 2 weeks cant grumble at that swithering whether to change my cheat meal to today though see if it makes an odds really pleased im am under 17st now yey!!!! :)

Back