Does anyone else think Dietchef's marketing is completely misleading?

lunavix

I've seen two adverts on this website, one saying £5.43 (or similar figure) a day for food, you click on the banner for the website and it says in one circle the same price, and in another if you order pay monthly you get a week free.

Else where on this site there's another banner saying £38/week with DIRECTLY under buy four weeks get one free.

So you'd assume it would be five weeks = £152 (4*£38), but no it's £190 (5*38) as they claim it's only those prices 'once the fifth week is deducted'. Is it just me or is that a completely dishonest marketing scam? I'm not usually picky with these things, or tight with money, however I don't consider it a week free when you are being charged for it! I just tried speaking to the online callcentre person, who was obviously flustered by my comments, and passed me on to someone else who assured me it passed marketing legal requirements, which doesn't mean much!

Sorry for the scroogelike moan, but I was really interested in it before and now they just seem very dishonest!

I love the fact the advert is right above your post :rotflmao:

I know it takes the frickin mick! :D

I should really be starting exante too (have box of the bits in the kitchen!) but the ad looked so good I was tempted by the real food! Bah...

Basically, they'll market it in different ways to make the offer sound as good as possible, but the £38 is the average cost per week, and is cheaper than if you bought weekly (working out as the equivalent of 1 week free). As long as they're not being dishonest with the price/offer (ie it does work out at 5 weeks for the price of 4), I think they'd be allowed to advertise it however they wish.

Back