Does anyone else.....

carrot_tit

Gold Member
Have a burning desire to eat after they have their evening meal?

I don't have the same desire to eat after i have my shakes but for some reason no matter how slowly i eat my evening meal i still feel straving.... I'm pretty sure it all in my head but it's really annoying me.

yeah i do too!! i try and drink a pint of water before dinner, not sure if it helps. if i have a snack after meal i am fine, and i think we're allowed 100cal snack after so perhaps try that?

Oh yea... after dinner is the hardest part. I think it's because we so look forward to our one precious real meal, that when it's over.. our brains are like "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

You are allowed to have a snack after dinner... like one of the snack bars. Or grab a little cup of those premade puddings.. they are around 100 cals and are pretty satisfying if you want something sweet. I like carbs.. so I end up heading straight for the Maztos (I'm the only one in my house who eats it, YAY!).. or flatbread crackers..but I always end up putting cream cheese on it. :copon: D'oh! :8855:

LR

I suffer much the same and I'm fairly sure it's because once the evening meal is finished that's it for the day! My tactic is to delay my dessert/treat until about an hour before bed, although I have it whenever I feel like it.

It's also a good idea to eat as late as possible (but in plenty of time before bed), eg 7.30/8.00pm rather than 5.30/6.00 pm. I understand this might not be practical if you have children, although perhaps you could save your afternoon snack when they're eating.

You know, sometimes I still want to eat after I've eaten, even though I'm obviously full.. and I think it has something to do with the taste of food in your mouth. I have found after dinner when I still want more...if I pop in a piece of gum, the want for more food goes away. Maybe that will help :)

LR

I suffer much the same and I'm fairly sure it's because once the evening meal is finished that's it for the day! My tactic is to delay my dessert/treat until about an hour before bed, although I have it whenever I feel like it.

It's also a good idea to eat as late as possible (but in plenty of time before bed), eg 7.30/8.00pm rather than 5.30/6.00 pm. I understand this might not be practical if you have children, although perhaps you could save your afternoon snack when they're eating.

yeah colin, thats what i do. i usually give the kids their tea about 5-5.30pm which is quite hard as i'm starving then but start preparing my tea about 6.30 which is usually a ready meal filled up with salad to make the full 600 cal and then save a choc snack for pud. this usually takes me to about 8ish and then i come on here to get inspiration and encouragement and to keep my fingers busy:8855:

see now im the other way round lol!
since being on sf my appetite has changed,I have a frozen dinner but I just dont have the desire to eat much at all,I made a post a while ago about my appetite levels being so low.
Im really having to push myself to eat that meal theese days which sounds ideal for some people but trust me its not so nice feeling like you have to force feed yourself.Im actually now looking into spiltting my 600 cals into 2 seperate small meals if possible.

Though its strange cause im still craving choclate lol

if only sabs :eek: i can't wait for my evening meal as i'm starving by then. perhaps you could as you say split the main meal and have half at lunch or have a smaller meal in the evening, have a pud later or snacks throughout. i don't think it will make much diff providing you have the same calories. x

yeah 600 cals for eve meal and you shud be ok. cud be any reason, and perhaps ur body's readjusting, stick with it Sarah! i'm sure it'll budge, some weeks it just doesn't show as much as others, its still a loss tho so WELL DONE!
how diff is slim fast from ur usual diet?

My diet was very different. I used to have a bacon sandwich for breakfast, a sandwich and crisps for dinner and then burger and chips or soemthing for dinner...... And then i wondered why i was putting on weight!

Back