does anyone have a bad taste in their mouth?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by clarins, 29 October 2008 Social URL.

1. clarins

clarins Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    cambridge diet
    i constantly have a bad taste in my mouth, it is slightly relieved when i have glass of water, maybe it is the ketosis, ... i am worried now, i have to endure this for at least another 7 months, feeling a bit rubbish about it all. it is really hard, felt hungry and weak today, went to town centre with my kids and just felt hungry and weak!!!
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    that is a side effect of ketosis - so really, it is a good thing. Means you are now burning fat.

You can use some breath sprays - goldspot was reccomened to us. And brush your teeth often and keep up the water - that should help some.

I was lucky - never had the 'metal taste' or bad breathe. But its very common.

I know you would rather put up with it and be slim, as opposed to not losing weight - so do your best to ward it off with sprays,e tc.

Hang in there! The hunger and the lethargy will pass soon. :)

Last edited: 29 October 2008
  4. SweetFannyAdams

SweetFannyAdams Full Member

I had it in the first week or so, especially if I had soup, but I dumped the soups and haven't had the bad breath since - so not sure if it was a soup thing or a 'getting into ketosis' thing.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.