does anyone have a chicken liver pate recipe

shannonbitzy

Please? Or any other pate recipes that i can adapt to the slimming world way. I found one on the side of a pot of frozen chicken livers but it wanted about 6-7 oz of butter :eek: cant be making that one!
thanks in advance folks!

You can cook chicken livers in microwave instead of frying them in butter. Add chopped onion, garlic and blend in a food processor.

salmon pate
300g v.f.f. quark
240g salmon trimmings
1tsp grated lemon rind
pepper
put everything in blender and whizz til smooth. put into dish and chill til needed.

sardine pate
4oz tin sardines in tom sauce, drained
5round tbsp quark
1 inch piece cucumber, grated
half a lemon, juice and rind
2oz v.f.f. cottage cheese
put sardines in bowl with lemon rind and juice, beat well. Stir in the quark, cottage cheese and cucumber. put into pots and chill well.

Thanks folks
the salmon recipe sounds gorgeous!
I just improvised with the chicken liver pate

1 tub of frozen chicken livers (really cheap in asda)
2 cloves of garlic
1 onion chopped about 2 teaspoons of mixed herbs
salt.pepper
1 50ml measure of brandy

I fried the liver in frylight adding the onion and garlic abit later to avoid it burning, near end added herbs and brandy , blended up and chilled
I ate about half of it with some melba toast and it was really quite nice, i guess if you was making a none slimming one you could add cream or something, but i didnt think it missed it too much

Chicken & Bacon Pate

I made this one for buffet night once and got rave reviews!

Syn free

8oz chicken livers
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
salt & black pepper
4oz cooked bacon, chopped
tub of very low fat fromage frais

Put onion, garlic, & herbs in pan and fry in Fry Light until the onion is soft, add liver and cook for about 7 mins. Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth. Add fromage frais a spoonful at a time until the consistency is the same as shop bought pate.

(I added some fresh tarragon to mine and it was lovely!)

got some chicken livers from asda, which I defrosted over night-so about to go and make this now...yumm, very excited

Wow, have just made this, double quantity of livers and extra garlic. Was suprised how easy it was, and its in the fridge chilling at the moment.I couldnt resist trying it before it was chilled tho. It's gorgeous, and my mum loves it to-am so glad its syn free :D

Oooh lush! I forgot how yummy this pate is! I made it for my lunch yesterday and today. Two blokes at work tried it and said it was really really good!

I doubled the recipe, added chopped fresh parsley to mine and only needed about 2 tbsp of fromage frais. Then once it's chilled it stiffens up a bit so it's thick pate but still spreadable.

I am bumping this as the recipe that Stacey has given is delicious!!!!

do you have to use chicken livers can you use chicken breasts
thanks
karen

i was going to ask that! i dont like the thought of the livers - but i love pate, im fine if i dont have to see the ingredients for things!! x

I dreaded the idea of the liver..cant stand them at all, but I will eat pate (strange I know!).
Once you get over the idea that they are livers, and mix it into the pate, you forget about it!
I left mine over night in the fridge and the taste is divine!

Just have to add...my 3 year old Daughter loves this too and spent most of yesterday with her fingers in the tub that I had stored the pate in!!

yummy just tried this using one tub of chick livers, 2 sml red onions, 2 cloves of garlic and 1 tbl spn of fromage frais, will be great with melba toast. Made one pot for me and one pot for sw taster on mon xx

Back