Does anyone have any ideas for low syn or free salad dressings?

tigg99

Hi,

I spend most weekends out at motorsport events and before joining Slimming World these would simply have been a high calorie eating fest from dawn to dusk. I'm desperately trying to pre-plan for each of these days out but I'm finding that the salad dressings from the SW books are starting to bore me. I really don't want to get to the stage where the free food I've brought with me appears dull and boring and slip into my previous bad ways of eating from the hot food vans that always appear at these events.

So far I've stuck to SW but if anyone has some easy to make suggestions I would be really grateful :) to help keep me on track.
I'm seriously not good in the kitchen :eek: - which is partly how my food problems have started and festered by choosing the easy high calorie options for too many years!

Thanks in advance :)

I like Colemans Garden mint (syn free) mixed with 0% Greek yogurt and a splash of lemon juice as a salad dressing or dip for veggies. Or you could make a low syn thousand island with tomato purée, 0%yogurt and a tsp of extra light mayo. I work shifts so the temptation is the vending machine or chips and pizza from the canteen so I take in lots of little snacky meals like baby bel lights, yoghurts, fruit, salads, boiled potatoes etc to snack on during the night.

Good luck, I hope you keep up the willpower to stay away from the junk x

Thanks you so much for the ideas :) I like the sound of bringing boiled baby potatoes with me to snack on - hadn't thought of that! Will also try the mint/yoghurt/meon juice combo too. The willpower is still winning out - first weigh in was last night and I managed to drop 6.5lbs. So happy :)

Thanks for your help!

Thanks re the Fry light pointer - our local Tesco only has original fry light, but a trip to Asda later and I'm stocked up and ready to go with their salad spray :) Thanks so much!

I love the fry light balsamic spray, yummy... especially on tomatoes x

I use Filippo Berio olive oil spray from Asda, if I remember rightly it is only 0.5syns for 7sprays, perfect with a sprinle of salt and pepper and if you wanna give it a go add some white wine vinegar too (just a drop or 2) reminds me of eating salad on holiday (Greeks always dress salad in olive oil)

Back