• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Does anyone (heres a weird one lol)

S: 16st1lb C: 15st6lb G: 13st0lb Loss: 0st9lb(4%)
does anyone find that smelling food takes away the craving or makes it worse? I sometimes prepare my hubbys meals (even though he doesnt want me to-I think he thinks I might just eat the lot lol) but I find if I smell the food its curbs my desire where as I would have thought it would make me want it all the more!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

nerac123

GO GO GO !!
S: 16st11lb C: 13st13lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 2st12lb(17.02%)
smells... i love smells.... i even smell the kids cheese sarnies !!
the one i struggle with is fish and chips - went to blackpool last week - i had to walk through a chippy to get over the craving !

My hubby thinks i'm weird !

S: 18st12lb C: 17st2lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 36.5 Loss: 1st10lb(9.09%)
I'm a total sniffaholic too!
still...when you consider that when we taste food it is actually around 80-90% smell...it's not surprising that having a good sniff gives us a fix!

x

BetsyBotox

Silver Member
S: 22st7lb C: 9st12lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 21 Loss: 12st9lb(56.19%)
The only time I ever entered a kitchen was to get to the back door (My Hubby is a fantastic cook and I hate cooking) but since I've been on LT all I've wanted to do is cook! I have to be around food, cooking it, stirring, chopping it, smelling it! I now love to cook! I have to cook, it's the highlight of my day. Oh and it has to be healthy. I've been going through the Rosemary Connely cook book like a demon. Hubby was disgusted at first as he adores cooking but he soon relented as it gives him more time to check on/play/talk about football :rolleyes:

S: 18st12lb C: 17st2lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 36.5 Loss: 1st10lb(9.09%)
My family get a it creeped out by it.
The other day I made my sister and Dad sirloin steak, chips, mushrooms and baked fresh bread. I also made a gooseberry pie and homemade ice cream. They were mortified eating it all...

My beady eyes watching them eat probably ruined it!
LOL!

x

Kaijo

OMG its no just me then! Last night at work there was a tesco bag with loads of cakes in it and every couple of hours I would shove my head in it and inhale deeply hahahahaha if any customers had come in at that point the would have defo thought i was strange, but it helped and i didnt want to eat one then coz the smell gave me a fix hahahahahah.....

xxxx

S: 16st1lb C: 15st6lb G: 13st0lb Loss: 0st9lb(4%)
Thank goodness its not just me lol my family think I am very strange at the moment I just love to smell what they are eating ha ha ha now at least i know im not loosing my marbles lol thanks everyone xx

Doirin

Positivity is the key
S: 20st5lb C: 14st1lb G: 13st3lb Loss: 6st4lb(30.88%)
Hi,
it's a recurring topic on here as a lot of people get some kick out of sniffing food or cooking it. I used to at the start, esp with crisps where I would open them for the kids and have a good sniff until they would have to ask for them back. Now I don't get the same kick anymore.
Roast lamb just out of the oven has to be my all time favourite and I could pounce on it and eat it from the pan but once I get to carving it the feeling is gone. Some people would post photos of the cakes and things they made whilst on LT. I suppose sniffing and cooking is like a workout for the senses bar the taste one.
Doirin

S: 18st9lb G: 9st0lb
Another sniffer here too!!!!! My children hold out their plates for me to have a good sniff of them!!!! They always knew I was weird so are used to me doing strange stuff! I also bake more on LT, they love cookies, muffins and brownies. As long as I can sniff I'm happy and it's all I need.

x

wow, it`s not only me then...
i havent stooped cooking since startin lt, my hubby thinks its his birthday lol, as i never used to cook.
the smelling thing is really weird tho i cant stop smelling thing, it gives me a right boost xx