Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Does anyone (heres a weird one lol)

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by maybebaby, 31 August 2009 Social URL.

1. maybebaby

maybebaby Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    does anyone find that smelling food takes away the craving or makes it worse? I sometimes prepare my hubbys meals (even though he doesnt want me to-I think he thinks I might just eat the lot lol) but I find if I smell the food its curbs my desire where as I would have thought it would make me want it all the more!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. nerac123

nerac123 GO GO GO !!

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(17.02%)
    Diet:
    Slim n save
    smells... i love smells.... i even smell the kids cheese sarnies !!
    the one i struggle with is fish and chips - went to blackpool last week - i had to walk through a chippy to get over the craving !

My hubby thinks i'm weird !

4. Determined Girl

Determined Girl Here's hoping

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.09%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I'm a total sniffaholic too!
    still...when you consider that when we taste food it is actually around 80-90% smell...it's not surprising that having a good sniff gives us a fix!

x

5. jellybeans

jellybeans Full Member

Diet:
    lipotrim
    it weird i enjoy cooking food for my partner even on my bad days strange lol x

6. BetsyBotox

BetsyBotox Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    12st9lb(56.19%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    The only time I ever entered a kitchen was to get to the back door (My Hubby is a fantastic cook and I hate cooking) but since I've been on LT all I've wanted to do is cook! I have to be around food, cooking it, stirring, chopping it, smelling it! I now love to cook! I have to cook, it's the highlight of my day. Oh and it has to be healthy. I've been going through the Rosemary Connely cook book like a demon. Hubby was disgusted at first as he adores cooking but he soon relented as it gives him more time to check on/play/talk about football :rolleyes:

7. keriann

keriann Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.61%)
    Diet:
    Lipo trim
    yeah me too!! ive been baking all day and love to just smell it!

8. Determined Girl

Determined Girl Here's hoping

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.09%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    My family get a it creeped out by it.
    The other day I made my sister and Dad sirloin steak, chips, mushrooms and baked fresh bread. I also made a gooseberry pie and homemade ice cream. They were mortified eating it all...

My beady eyes watching them eat probably ruined it!
    LOL!

x

9. Kaijo

Kaijo Full Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    OMG its no just me then! Last night at work there was a tesco bag with loads of cakes in it and every couple of hours I would shove my head in it and inhale deeply hahahahaha if any customers had come in at that point the would have defo thought i was strange, but it helped and i didnt want to eat one then coz the smell gave me a fix hahahahahah.....

xxxx

10. maybebaby

maybebaby Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Thank goodness its not just me lol my family think I am very strange at the moment I just love to smell what they are eating ha ha ha now at least i know im not loosing my marbles lol thanks everyone xx

11. Doirin

Doirin Positivity is the key

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(30.88%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, now weight watchers
    Hi,
    it's a recurring topic on here as a lot of people get some kick out of sniffing food or cooking it. I used to at the start, esp with crisps where I would open them for the kids and have a good sniff until they would have to ask for them back. Now I don't get the same kick anymore.
    Roast lamb just out of the oven has to be my all time favourite and I could pounce on it and eat it from the pan but once I get to carving it the feeling is gone. Some people would post photos of the cakes and things they made whilst on LT. I suppose sniffing and cooking is like a workout for the senses bar the taste one.
    Doirin

12. cuddlyfairy

cuddlyfairy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Another sniffer here too!!!!! My children hold out their plates for me to have a good sniff of them!!!! They always knew I was weird so are used to me doing strange stuff! I also bake more on LT, they love cookies, muffins and brownies. As long as I can sniff I'm happy and it's all I need.

x

13. A Better Me

A Better Me Silver Member

wow, it`s not only me then...
    i havent stooped cooking since startin lt, my hubby thinks its his birthday lol, as i never used to cook.
    the smelling thing is really weird tho i cant stop smelling thing, it gives me a right boost xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.