Does anyone know a simple chicken curry?

Lianna

Silver Member
i really wanna make one that wont cost me the earth to make x

This one is great

Chicken Curry
Serves 4 hungry people (with seconds!)

Put 4 medium sized chicken breasts into a roasting dish and whack it in the oven till cooked. Once done chuck it on a board or plate to cool. While it's cooling fry an onion and some garlic in frylight. Add 4 level tablespoons of curry paste (i used tikka masala) and stir. Once the paste and the onions are all mingled together add half tsp each ground cumin, coriander and some garam masala. Then add some passata. Stir it all together (add some water to get the sauce to the consistency that you like) and turn the heat down to a gentle simmer. Go back to the chicken and shred it by hand. Not into tiny pieces but bitesize ones then add the chicken to the curry. Leave it to simmer gently for about 15 mins. Turn off the heat and add 1-2tbsp (depending on how creamy you like your curry) of very low fat fromage frais, stir in gently.

On a green day i made it out to be 1 HEB and 1 syn for the curry paste, EE just the syns.

Ya see thats me aving to go buy all the ingridiants and it too long,, might just get a weight watchers cooking sauce lol

if you have a farmfoods near you they do a box of chinese curry powder by a company called mayflower, you just mix it with water!

I just cut my chicken and dice a couple of onions, season and spray with frylight and cook off in a big pot, when cooked throw in the powder and water and stir till you have a thick sauce

100ml = 4 syns on all plans!

What about making the mushy pea curry sauce and adding chicken to it? Its really cheap and free on EE with SW chips and boiled rice.

Tin mushy peas
onion
tin chopped tomatoes
curry powder to taste.

Cook it all up and blitz and add the chicken.

What about making the mushy pea curry sauce and adding chicken to it? Its really cheap and free on EE with SW chips and boiled rice.

Tin mushy peas
onion
tin chopped tomatoes
curry powder to taste.

Cook it all up and blitz and add the chicken.

This is the NICEST curry sauce - sounds strange I know but give it a go, I do it with value tinned toms & value mushy peas so it is a dead cheap meal to make

I usually just put a few spoonfuls of curry powder into a tin of chopped tomatoes, add a wee bit of chicken stock and thats the base!
Add loadsa veggies and/or meat = a very yummy dinner!!

Right i will give it a go if its awfull your all in for it haha :) Xxxx

So in the mushy pea curry do you need to add anything else to it or do you just eat it like that? Do you need to blend any of the ingredients?

I'm making a basic curry now and it's all watery! Any ideas on how to thicken it up?

Too late now but powdered mash works a treat. Sprinkle on lightly while stirring to avoid lumps, and just keep adding until you get the consistency you want. Actually ordinary potato works as well.

Back