Does anyone know how to cook a frozen trout or got any good recipes for trout?

Hiya hun,the trout really should be defrosted...
You can defrost it in a sink of cold water with cold water running slowly near to the fish.
I just used to grill it whole,score it a couple of times on the thickest part of the body.
Not very WW friendly how i cooked mine,brushed it with butter and grilled,served with toasted almonds.

You could cook it in the oven wrapped in foil with a knob of butter and some chives sprinkled on it.
Or just have it plain (no butter,but make sure it doesnt burn)
You can also pan fry it.
Most of the recipes for trout use Butter or Cream....yeeks..:confused:
Hope that helps xx

mmmmmmm i love trout! :D

Preheat your oven to 200C.

chop a small onion, and two garlic cloves and fry in a little frylight until softened, add one portion of dry cous cous (sorry its not incredibly precise.. only make for myself) and fry for a minute, before mixing with amount of water it says it needs on cous cous packet mixed with one vegetable or fish stock cube, bring to boil then remove from heat and leave covered until liquid absorbed.

Season your trout with a little salt and pepper, and fill the cavity with the cous cous mixture mixed with a little chopped parsley, a little chopped mint and stick a few lemon wedges in there too for good luck :D

Brush a little oil over fish and wrap loosely in foil then bake for 15-20 minutes :)

Back