does anyone know the science behind JUDDD?

Discussion in 'JUDDD / Intermittent Fasting' started by broxi, 14 September 2009 Social URL.

1. broxi

broxi ButtErFly

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just wondering how this actually works as not got book yet. Does it stabilise metabolism or something or is it just an easy way to keep cals down? For instance, if you ate (for talking sake) 500 cals then 1500 cals every other day would it just be the same as 1000 cals every day or is it different to the body? - does that make sense?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    To be honest I don't really know - I have ordered the book... but there is a great deal of information on the 'official' JUDDD website..

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help

Tracy

4. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

The initial research was to see if alternate day calorie restriction had the same benefits as every day calorie restriction (there is evidence that restricting calories with optimum nutrition has health benefits over and above weight loss). The original idea was that it's easier to restrict alternately than every day (i.e. easier to stick to if you're very hungry one day but can eat what you like the next, than being a little bit hungry every day).

Clinical trials then showed that there were additional benefits to alternate day restriction. Firstly, there is no slowing down of metabolism which does occur on all other diets, even if just a little. Secondly, there are other health benefits which show that alternate day restriction improves health (it has an anti-inflammatory and an anti-ageing effect) over and above simple calorie restriction.

All this is taken from the book - I'm not an expert in nutrition by any stretch of the imagination!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.