does anyone pay weekly and not stay to group

Lisa123

Silver Member
Hi, I have been going to sw since the end of Feb and have lost 9.5 pounds but I never stay to group. I just literally go in there and get weighed then go home after paying my weekly fee just to stand on the scales. I don't feel that the meetings are for me and have never wanted or felt that I need to stay. Does anyone else do this? I know it is a waste of money but don't think I could do it on my own at home. I don't know why. I would like to see what anyone else thinks about this or if anyone does the same x

I do this quite a bit mainly because its starts at 7pm and I get fed up waiting while she talks throught the plan with the new people. So you have a bit of a wait.I just get weighed but also the CS can be tested are rang for advice and I use the online SW site which you get for the membership fee.

If I had someone to go with I might stay,but some members like to be the centre of attention and it can be all about them sometimes.

If it works for you then it's not a waste of money so don't worry about it! Plenty of people weigh and run and as mentioned, you do get access to all the online stuff for your membership fee.

I do stay. But lots of people don't, and they all semm to do okay. I often Pick up good tips by staying. Weighing & going is only a waste of money if you think it is - at least by not staying you're not wasting any of your time!!

I do the same. My class starts at 5:30pm and I'm usually one of the first ones there, so I weigh in and then go. I've stayed to class a few times, but it's literally about 6:45 - 7pm before the class starts down to the sheer amount of people in the queue to pay and weigh.

The majority of people weigh and go, only about 10 - 15 ever stay for the class.

I used to get weighed and go as my class was at 7pm so I didnt get home until nearly 9pm and I was too tired after a full days work to stay!

Thats why this time Im doing it from home as I cant justify spending £5.00 a week to not get anything out of it! x

I don't use the online bits so prob is a waste of money. I may see if I can do it with the support of minimins if this is possible. Does anyone else do this with just the support of this site? X

I stopped going to class because I was unemployed and couldnt afford it, but I didnt really have any losses for me it may be the thought of paying and standing on them scales and it being written down. I need the incentive I think to keep to plan properly.

Not everyone is the same you may be ok to do it without the class Good Luck whatever you decide.:D

I don't stay. It's at 10 on Monday mornings and I have my two daughters with me (4yrs & almost 2yrs) I have stayed a couple of times but it's hard work trying to keep the girls quiet and then we get 'the looks' from older members. Doesn't help that the group lasts for ages! I would really like to stay though

I don't use the online bits so prob is a waste of money. I may see if I can do it with the support of minimins if this is possible. Does anyone else do this with just the support of this site? X

I have never been to class and do it all via this wonderful site, there are so many hints tips and info here I don't feel I need anything, why not set a weekly weigh-in day and pop to a chemist/mall that has a pay to weigh scales, maybe that will help?

I rarely stay to class any more. Mainly because I go on my own, and I'm not there for a social gathering, where a lot of the others seem to be. In fact, I don't think there is anyone else who goes on their own so I feel like I stick out like a sore thumb!! I usually make the decision once I get there. Class starts at 6.30 but I don't usually go til just before 7 so I don't have to sit around for ages to wait for the image therapy to start. The people that talk all through image therapy really put me off too, as I say, I'm not there for a gossip!

Really struggling financially at the moment, so I do feel like I can't justify the fiver a week, but I do need the discipline of being weighed outwith my own bathroom so I can't really win. Think when I get nearer to target I might buy a decent set of scales and then not go to class, and try to discipline myself to WI once per week!

I have only been to SW three times and I have stayed twice. I'm not sure I will be staying much in the future though.

I find the meeting bit afterwards quite tedious...I think it could be a lot better. It also goes on for a whole hour! Lots of passing around food packets, no mention of exercise, a raffle thing and then onto individual losses/gains. That is the worst bit! The leader very slowly scrolls down her list and looks around to see if that person is there. UGH! I am interested in hearing about people who have done really well/reached target and also opening the floor to people who are struggling so tips/encouragement can be shared but to do it in this long, tedious way....life is too short!

I used to go to ww meeting many moons ago - the meeting part only lasted 30 mins and I felt it was much more focussed on tips and motivation. I didn't always stay to that though.

I don't think it is a waste of money to pay and leave - if it works in motivating you then it is worth every penny. Hopefully I can get to the point, like with ww, where I don't need the class at all and can save my £s!

Most of our group pay-and-run.

Their losses, or rather their gains are plain to see. Of course that is their choice, but it is no secret that the vast majority of the successful ones, and target members (including me) are the ones who stay.

For all those with the motivation to do it at home I envy you. I couldn't stick to the plan if I knew that no-one would know how i'd done that week.

I stay to group every week, and I go on my own, like most people in my group. Not only that but i'm about 20 years younger than most of the members! It's fun though and talking about how well people have done and how they managed to do so well does sometimes help.

I will admit, group can get a little tedious sometimes though.

xx

I have stopped to my first few meetings, but find the same as many others. The going round the room is not really very useful and it does take ages. I would like more tips and what people do to achieve or how they overcome things

I have stopped to my first few meetings, but find the same as many others. The going round the room is not really very useful and it does take ages. I would like more tips and what people do to achieve or how they overcome things
You should suggest this. I know quite often they look for new and interesting ideas. Trouble is some people actually enjoy listening to the same-old same-old.

I'm going to suggest some group activities, or even an SW-group meal, walk etc. - especially as we approach summer.

It might fall flat, but might get a few interested.

I think the walk idea is great and may suggest it. I work away from home during the week, so my class is not local and that would be an idea to get to know places a bit.

Back