does anyone use any calorie trackers?

abigail09

Gold Member
i have just started using thedailyplate.com out of pure curiosity, basically if you just enter into the database what youve eaten it tots up all the nutritional content. i KNOW your not meant to be thinking about calories but just so you know all my eating yesterday (including 12.5 syns) came to 1,550 cals and only 41g fat

That would imply that slimming world when done properly is a good healthy diet xx

been tracking today, had 1 syn so far. my breakfast lunch and dinner including my healthy extras and its only come to 1,200!! its amazing how much it keeps calories down when done properly. going to have either some vodka or curly wurly :D

the problem for me tracking calories, is it'd mean weighing even the free food wouldn't it. which kind of defeats the purpose of SW for me :( i also get a bit obsessive about calories and it's quite liberating for me not to have to think about them! :eek: lol

I used to use the Daily plate tracker along with the fitness log but my problem was, i would see that i was in a negative calorie position because of the calories exumed during exercise and would think ''oh, i can have 500 calories more now today''. I would end up having 500 crap calories instead of good ones so i stopped using it when i started SW as i was filling in the body optimise diary online and couldnt be bothered doing 2 at once.

I might enter my food in for today actually, it would be interesting to see what it tots up to.

yes it would mean weighing but to be honest ive been guessing but just as an idea really i wanted to see what i was taking in approximately

Back