Progress When You Don't Have LOADS to Lose

soshbfly

Silver Member
I think I may have had a sort of revelation (again! ;-) this weekend. I've been lamenting about the pace of weight loss on Dukan this time around and how its led to some serious frustration (though haven't packed it in - just modified it a bit). My boss said "it must be your calorie-intake" and I said no, no - and anyway, we're not meant to be counting calories. I enter food in MFP now and again and always seemed to be on the low end (1200/day) so wasn't concerned. Then yesterday I decided an experiment on a PP day - I weighed and calculated EVERY SINGLE THING. I made it up to 1400 calories which is higher than expected. Ironically, most of that extra came from snacking on grilled chicken!!!!

I'm thinking this "eat what you want" including the carbs in dairy and all associated calories doesn't necessarily work a treat when you are only meant to lose under 20lbs.

Off on holidays Saturday for a week and then when back I will do the modified Dukan again (PP/PV/2x Conso days) but I will pay VERY close attention to calories and portion sizes and see if that makes a difference.

Anyone experience anything similar? Especially if you're only try to lose ~a stone?

Thanks!

Back